Author Topic: Remember the preacher that wanted to burn the Koran?  (Read 7659 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Remember the preacher that wanted to burn the Koran?
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »
I don't know.  Maybe we ought to burn a bunch of Korans every day.  Either the fanatics overseas will kill themselves in riots or just get over it and stop worrying about it. 

I think the latter is pretty much what happened to Christians here.  We don't like it, but bitching about it just encourages liberals. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lee

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
Did you know that Harry Reid and Lindsey Graham want to impose restrictions on speech that hurts religious people's feelings

Can we just burn them...for hurting my head?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »
All this just leaves me wondering -- what do Moslems do with Bibles when they overrun Christian schools and facilities? Do they treat the Christian Bible with the same respect they demand for the Q'uran, or do they burn, tear up, shoot, trample and otherwise sully the Christian holy book?

If they do any of the above, they have no right to complain when anyone does it to THEIR holy book.

The usual practice is to desecrate the holy books & places of other religions when they get the opportunity.  I recall when the Palis held folks hostage in teh church in Bethlehem dedicated to the place of Jesus's birth.  The usual: destruction, defecation on the altar, defacing art, etc.

Now, I would not burn a Koran out of respect for all the Muslims who aren't savages, but I reserve the right to do so.

Can we just burn them...for hurting my head?

I hear Reid & Graham weigh less than a duck, so go right ahead.

Graham is amazing in that he hasn't head of a country he didn't want to bomb and a liberty he didn't want to curtail.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »
It wasn't that many years ago that the Taliban destroyed ancient Buddhist statues in... Afghanistan? 

Plus-or-minus a decade. And the statues they destroyed were ancient, and priceless, and cultural treasures completely irrespective of religion. But the violent Islamicists have no respect for any other religion or philosophy, and they have no intention of peacefully coexisting with anyone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 08:22:20 PM »
Quote from: Aguila Blanca
All this just leaves me wondering -- what do Moslems do with Bibles when they overrun Christian schools and facilities? Do they treat the Christian Bible with the same respect they demand for the Q'uran, or do they burn, tear up, shoot, trample and otherwise sully the Christian holy book?

The usual practice is to desecrate the holy books & places of other religions when they get the opportunity.  I recall when the Palis held folks hostage in teh church in Bethlehem dedicated to the place of Jesus's birth.  The usual: destruction, defecation on the altar, defacing art, etc.

That was a rhetorical question. Thanks for helping make my point.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 09:00:13 AM »

If they do any of the above, they have no right to complain when anyone does it to THEIR holy book.

And, lest anyone claim that the Moslem holy book is somehow more holy and more sacred than the Christian holy book . . .
One of the news programs last night had an interview with a Moslem imam who was making exactly that point - that the koran is more important than the Bible and needs to be shown more respect.  [barf]

Just another example of why the "Religion of Peace" ... isn't.
Exactly.

What really gets me about all this cr@p is that in WWII we didn’t condemn people for mocking Hitler out of fear that it would inflame the Nazis . . . we didn’t insist people only say nice things about Japan - “Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips” comes to mind - because Kamikaze pilots might get mad at us . . . yet everyone seems to be walking a tightrope when it comes to the sensibilities of the screaming beards of radical Islam. (And saying it shouldn’t be done because it will annoy good Moslems is like saying WWII propaganda was bad because it offended innocent hausfraus and mama-sans . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »
Ugh.

Mini-McCain digs in:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/263848/graham-responds-steyn-stuttaford-robert-costa

Talking head. I tried diligently to make sense out of his comments, but there was no sense to be found.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 11:43:42 AM »
One of the news programs last night had an interview with a Moslem imam who was making exactly that point - that the koran is more important than the Bible and needs to be shown more respect.

The concept that "It's okay for us to crap on your holy book but you must respect OUR holy book" doesn't work for me.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 08:45:02 AM »
Here's an editorial cartoon related to this topic that - astonishingly - was published in the local Austin American-Statesman and a number of other papers on April 6 . . . the cartoonist is generally left-leaning on most issues.

Maybe people are starting to get it.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain