Author Topic: Yet Another Car Question -- Noisy Lifters  (Read 6657 times)

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Re: Yet Another Car Question -- Noisy Lifters
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 10:37:08 AM »
Yeah, I use RXP regularly in the pickup ('69 F100) and the Zook. It burns out the carbon deposits in the combustion chamber- they say it changes the IR flame front characteristics and I can definitely tell a difference if the things have been running rough prior to using it vs. perhaps even a half -hour of operation after adding it to the gas tank.  I've seen it clean up a coked-up EGR passage before, too, in the Suburban. If you have to pass an emissions sniffer test to get an inspection sticker, adding a bottle on each of the two tankfulls prior to sniff test will clean it right up.

It does seem to work a lot better on engines with more miles, but even on the wife's new truck it does give a
'seat of the pants' increase that i can feel.

To me, it's just about the best 7 bucks I spend for an additive, especially since we have to run a 10% ethanol blend around here.  The B12 is great for dirty fuel systems/carbs/injectors because it degums all the orfices, whereas RXP is active in the combustion process.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 12:42:22 PM »
I decided to give RxP a try over last week....and I definitely see the difference in my '01 Frontier. And that's with using the B12 consistently.....

Now, I'll use both every oil change (RxP on one tank, B12 in the next)....

Thanks, Rabbit...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 06:26:41 PM »
Welcome to the Cult of RxP.

Told you the stuff works.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein