Author Topic: welcome our new overlord in training  (Read 4321 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
Re: welcome our new overlord in training
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »
Was that an SBR SCAR with a burst sear?

WTF does one get something like that?

......and nice shooting for a 13yo.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »

i wouldn't shoot against her for money. i'd lose
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:45:29 PM »
Practice ;)

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 07:11:47 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »
Links don't work for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:03:27 PM »
i wouldn't shoot against her for money. i'd lose

If 1 out of every 100 members of this forum can outshoot her on that course I'd be pleasantly surprised.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 02:49:05 AM »
Guns are the great equalizer. Allowing a 13 yo girl to be on par with the physical force wielded by any man out there.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 02:49:30 AM »
If 1 out of every 100 members of this forum can outshoot her on that course I'd be pleasantly surprised.

The shooting was fairly easy.  The tough part is running that shotgun to keep it loaded as well as timing the course so there is no wasted time.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 04:39:23 AM »
It was very nice to see, #JoeBiden shotgun? I'd say she is B or high C class material if you classed her in USPSA, but hey, she is 13, give her time. I remember having to shoot matches with 14-16 year old Daniel Horner, that was jaw dropping. When someone finds a kid with natural talents and trains them early, cool things happen.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 04:51:57 AM »
The shooting was fairly easy.  The tough part is running that shotgun to keep it loaded as well as timing the course so there is no wasted time.

Ditto. The shotgun section seemed rather protracted compared to the rifle's two targets at point-shoot distance.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 09:12:40 AM »
Ditto. The shotgun section seemed rather protracted compared to the rifle's two targets at point-shoot distance.

Are Saiga's allowed? That'd shave off quite a bit of time. She did good work, tho. Better than me with a pistol.

I have a few rules in my life. One is if I see a 13 year old girl rocking an SBR SCAR with full auto? I'm asking no questions.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
I was looking at other YouTube video's of 3 gunning, since I've never done it, and I noticed that nobody seemed to be running a detachable box mag fed shotgun.  Is is because they aren't allowed, or just not used?

It was the shotgun section that seemed slower to me as well.  Her pistol shooting was pretty dang good and the rifle was pretty dang close.  Maybe I have unreasonable expectations of shotgun running.  It's not my forte at all.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
Are Saiga's allowed? That'd shave off quite a bit of time. She did good work, tho. Better than me with a pistol.

I have a few rules in my life. One is if I see a 13 year old girl rocking an SBR SCAR with full auto? I'm asking no questions.

As far as I know yes, just depends on what division you are shooting.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 10:03:25 AM »
I was looking at other YouTube video's of 3 gunning, since I've never done it, and I noticed that nobody seemed to be running a detachable box mag fed shotgun.  Is is because they aren't allowed, or just not used?

It was the shotgun section that seemed slower to me as well.  Her pistol shooting was pretty dang good and the rifle was pretty dang close.  Maybe I have unreasonable expectations of shotgun running.  It's not my forte at all.

I know there's guys who run heavily modded Saiga's, with aftermarket AR-style magwells etc.  Sometimes with ginormous end to end coupled box magazines. I don't know enough about 3gun to know if there's "classes" that they get put into though.
I promise not to duck.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 10:29:06 AM »
Last I heard, the Saigas weren't reliable and durable-enough for serious use.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 10:50:36 AM »
Saiga: good enough for police and special forces, not good enough for sport?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:12 AM »
Saiga: good enough for police and special forces, not good enough for sport?

My reading suggests the guns imported to the U.S. are of varying quality and fit. Combine this with Americans running a wide range of ammunition through them and adding an array of accessories, and the guns' resulting reputation is mixed at best.

ETA: I bought one, and have dumped money into tricking it out, as French says. The lure of a mag fed 12 gauge is something that's tugged at me for almost 30 years. So, if it turns out to be a POS, it won't be the worst investment I ever made...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:42:06 PM by SADShooter »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 12:38:01 PM »
I've been out of the gun games, but was active when Saigas first appeared. Now I see world class people I know still shooting modded 1100s with speedloaders, that tells me something. I sold my S-12 just to save me from spending lots of money tricking it out. Reload speed seems to be a bear, I couldn't get it down fast and positive. At least with a tube gun you can keep topping it off while you move your feet.

Most impressive shottgunning I've ever seen was a Marine Cpt with a bone stock Ithaca 37. His hands and feet never stopped, load one, shoot one for 20+ rounds. Faster than most auto shotgun folks. Note to self, don't mess with FAST company types...
AKA Navy Joe   

erictank

• friends
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »

Looked into it, since I want to play 3-gun myself, and you can use Saigas but they're pretty much unlimited or outlaw division, from what I read. There are also often reliability issues, and fixing or warding those off is $$$. Get a standard pump or semi-auto, save money, and be able to trust your gun for a lot less. Sounds like a win to me. Typical loadout seems to be a 9mm high-cap pistol, a .223 AR, and a semi-auto 12-gauge (lots of people using a Mossberg 930, apparently)

I plan to get a Mossberg 590, myself, which I'll be able to use for any division (including Heavy Metal, which sounds like fun - mag-fed .308 rifle, mag-fed .45ACP pistol, pump-action 12-gauge shotgun). Got the AR, and want a Springfield XDm Competition in 9mm. Currently I only have a 1911 in .45, which is what I'll start with. Should be fun.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »
French cops using Saiga-K
Meanwhile in Russia.

Of course I am told they do require some work before they get useful in these contextx. Once they do, they are much beloved by the professionals involved.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »
French cops using Saiga-K
Meanwhile in Russia.

Of course I am told they do require some work before they get useful in these contextx. Once they do, they are much beloved by the professionals involved.

Crazy russians. Looks like my next Saiga will have a magwell and modified mags.
AKA Navy Joe   

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 11:47:21 PM »
She looks like she knows what she's doing.

I'm not familiar with 3-gun... I noticed that when she was done with the shotgun portion of the course, she drew her pistol and racked the slide to chamber a round... is it a 3-gun rule that a pistol round isn't chambered before they start the course, or is it something else?
Andy