Author Topic: Are you looking at me?  (Read 3230 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Are you looking at me?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 06:06:54 PM »
I've looked at the various options for serious astrophotography and maybe later down the road. For now I'm working more on technique and skills and the additions to my gear are for the most part general purpose stuff, basic lenses, lighting and such.
I did discover this morning that my trusty 30+ year old Velbon tripod is wholly inadequate for mounting the 100-400 lens, time for some more shopping at B&H...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
I've looked at the various options for serious astrophotography and maybe later down the road.

Once you have a clock drive, the Milky Way around Sagittarius becomes way too fascinating. A 50mm f/2 is plenty to have a lot of fun there.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 03:33:41 PM »
I bought a used Nikon 18-140 with VR on Friday, and received it today. I did a test shot with it and then did an identical shot with the 55-200 non-VR lens I'd bought with the camera. Both were at 1/60th of a second. I only had to take them up to 16.7% of full size to see the difference. Amazing.