Author Topic: Bull Attacks Cyclists During California Gravel Race  (Read 1509 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Bull Attacks Cyclists During California Gravel Race
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2022, 10:16:21 PM »
A buddy of mines father had two bison. They had three but the bull gored his father, he told my buddy that bull better not be alive when I get home. My buddy put it down and it was butchered.
They had the hide hanging up in the house, unfortunately it was a bad time of the year and the fur was a bit patchy.

We fed the two remaining bison apples through the fence, the fence seemed solid as a rock until they started pushing up against it for apples.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2022, 11:48:04 PM »
  THE FIRST CYCLIST SAID SOMETHING DEROGATORY to the bull, like "you're a cow" or something, in a dismissive tone.
Thus setting up the other cyclist to take the brunt of a an angry bull.
  I guess a ten mm or so would take a bull at close range, they use em on grizzlies I'm led to believe.
but I wouldn't get close enough to find out in a situation like that

But the bull id's as a goat so took offense.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2022, 07:33:47 PM »
Out in the field, dropping a load of weeds from the bed of the truck.  A few of the cows & a bull were interested in what I was throwing around, eating some of it.

I had a 1" nylon strap over the tailgate to the bumper.  Bull tossed his head to shake off some flies, hit the tailgate & busted the strap.

Lots of muscle there.