Author Topic: Unarmed Man Shot in Back by Police  (Read 1019 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Unarmed Man Shot in Back by Police
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:05:10 PM »
http://www.unz.com/isteve/unarmed-fleeing-man-shot-by-police/

The shooting occurred about 3:20 p.m. after Sgt. Jay Cook saw a suspicious man walking down a roadway in the Town of Constable, according to the state police. The sergeant ordered Mr. Sweat to stop, but he broke into a run and the sergeant, a firearms instructor, opened fire, according to the authorities. Mr. Sweat was not armed at the time.

But no riots.  How can that be?

#RunningGuysLivesMatter
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Unarmed Man Shot in Back by Police
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 01:24:08 PM »
Because Sgt. Cook had more that just a suspicious person in view.  He had RAS that the person looked a whole heck of a lot like the wanted escaped convict.

Because there is almost no support for the welfare and wellbeing of escaped convicts.  Especially ones of the wrong hue.

Because the community was so greatly in fear of the escaped convict that they would not have cared how he was taken down so long as they could go back to not being afraid of a specific threat, regardless of that threat having done everything in its power to stay away from the community and its members.

Because if it had happened in Virginia there is a financial incentive to do so.  http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-7  Don't know if NY also allows cops to collect rewards.

But most importantly, because the guy refused to turn around so he could be shot in the front.

Have all y'all seen the picture of the cops standing over him like some big game trophy pose?  http://nypost.com/2015/06/28/cops-capture-escaped-killer-david-sweat/

#It'sMoreImportantToGoHomeAtTheEndOfThe Shift
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 01:48:49 PM »
The fact that he shot a cop ran him over and the either shot or stood by as the cop was finished off by a couple in the head might play a role too
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »
Because there is almost no support for the welfare and wellbeing of escaped convicts.  Especially ones of the wrong hue.

Exactly this.  My grandmother in upstate NY was relatively terrified of these two.  She was afraid that they'd disappear into the outback for a few years.

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 02:41:49 PM »
..........But most importantly, because the guy refused to turn around so he could be shot in the front............

I think that's about it.  If he had given up when his name was called he would have gone back to prison unventilated.  Otherwise, front or back, he was getting shot.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 05:10:44 PM »
It's a dangerous business.   ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »
There was a railway killer loose in Texas some years back.  I knew a guy who ran a pawn shop and they sold out of every cheap used gun their had and got more to sell. 

At large killers scare people who don't realize those types of criminals are always loose somewhere.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge