Author Topic: So much for AGW  (Read 1018 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
So much for AGW
« on: October 16, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »
http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/612369/SHOCK-CLAIM-World-is-on-brink-of-50-year-ICE-AGE-and-BRITAIN-will-bear-the-brunt

Great Britain is facing the prospect of a fifty year ice age. No doubt the climate change acolytes will find a way to blame the Sun's reduction in output on human-caused factors. Never fear, they're already working on the spin:

The Met Office-led study claimed that although the effect will be offset by recent global warming, Britain could see some cooler than average winters in years to come.

A spokesman said: "A return to low solar activity not seen for centuries could increase the chances of cold winters in Europe and eastern parts of the United States but wouldn't halt global warming.

They never give up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
Re: So much for AGW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 12:04:47 PM »
Global warming is inevitable, somewhere, eventually.....

This graphic is scary though:

Climate change will make the whole world gay.  :rofl:

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 12:05:04 PM »
They never give up.

Of course, they don't! This is the PLANET we're talking about.

I guess you mouthbreathers need it explained.

See, Global Warming will never stop because even though the temperature is COOLING, the Earth is warmer than it would have been. We know this because if all these other millions of factors that create the climate in the world didn't move, carbon dioxide would make it warmer. THEREFORE, the earth is getting warmer and we can ignore all the other factors completely.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 12:19:58 PM »
Don't you know that warmer temperatures will flash-freeze the planet?

(I saw it in the same movie Algore snipped scenes from to make his documentary, so it must be true.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
We've been getting close to 80 degrees this October. I'm (1) spitting mad that I'm being denied a proper Autumn, and (2) starting to dread the possibility of my greatest fear, Globalur Warming.

But since the furnace hasn't been working, I ought not complain.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »
We've been getting close to 80 degrees this October. I'm (1) spitting mad that I'm being denied a proper Autumn, and (2) starting to dread the possibility of my greatest fear, Globalur Warming.

But since the furnace hasn't been working, I ought not complain.

I'll trade you our 90+ deg days of October for your 80 deg days.  :laugh:

Though we did get some great rain and lightning the last couple of days. It even shut down the I-5, a major artery, due to mudslides. I guess El Nino* is going to work for us this year.

*A decadal micro-climate cycle that has nothing to do with AGW, though we will hear a ton of "OMG AGW!" stuff come JAN-FEB, when the rains should be the heaviest if all goes as planned.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »
Ha, it is mid-October and I am still riding my motorcycle, keep up the warming!!!  :)

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 09:03:47 PM »
Yeah this terrible global warming/cooling/climate change is pretty rough, I was sailing this afternoon and the t-shirt I had on was too heavy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 09:45:07 AM »
Here's another good one, and they wonder why rational people don't take them seriously.

Venomous sea snake washes up on CA beach. Spot the incongruity.

"OMG!!! Climate change!!!!"

"Last spotted in the waters 30 years ago".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/18/poisonous-sea-snake-found-on-southern-california-beach/?intcmp=hpbt4

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 03:52:11 PM »

Experts say the highly venomous snake is unlikely to attack unless grabbed or attacked.
So, sort of like sharks?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:30:48 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge