Author Topic: Obama Moves to Legalize and Expand wiretapping  (Read 2631 times)

Reifen

Obama Moves to Legalize and Expand wiretapping
« on: April 09, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
So, long time reader, first time poster...what can I say?  Change you can be afraid of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSUHVUgJFc

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Obama Moves to Legalize and Expand wiretapping
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:19:30 PM »
A statist is a statist, regardless of Red/Blue/Elephant/Donkey.

You mix red and blue together, you get purple.  Traditional color of royalty.  Look at all the incumbent protectionism going on in DC, along with the constant desire to increase State power.

They are our Betters, and they intend to make certain we not forget that.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »
priceless
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:04:32 PM »
Ah....the MSM turns on him!  Priceless!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »
Ah....the MSM turns on him!  Priceless!

Jaw on floor.  And that's not even the MSM.  That's Keith Dangerously Unbalanced Olberman. 

--  fistful
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 10:31:02 PM »
And the Looking Glass begins to crack. I think I might go buy a lottery ticket tommorow.
Look, tiny text!

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 11:24:53 PM »
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 02:26:48 AM »
Disappointed?  Yes.  Surprised?  No.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 02:27:44 AM »
You do not question the master.

That "of, by and for" thing is long gone.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
On a sort of related note: 
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/11/world/asia/11bagram.html?_r=2

Obama to Appeal Detainee Ruling

By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: April 10, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration said Friday that it would appeal a district court ruling that granted some military prisoners in Afghanistan the right to file lawsuits seeking their release. The decision signaled that the administration was not backing down in its effort to maintain the power to imprison terrorism suspects for extended periods without judicial oversight.

In a court filing, the Justice Department also asked District Judge John D. Bates not to proceed with the habeas-corpus cases of three detainees at Bagram Air Base outside Kabul, Afghanistan. Judge Bates ruled last week that the three — each of whom says he was seized outside of Afghanistan — could challenge their detention in court.

Tina Foster, the executive director of the International Justice Network, which is representing the detainees, condemned the decision in a statement.

“Though he has made many promises regarding the need for our country to rejoin the world community of nations, by filing this appeal, President Obama has taken on the defense of one of the Bush administration’s unlawful policies founded on nothing more than the idea that might makes right,” she said.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »
People who are surprised at Obama's move are the same ones who are shocked the sun comes up in the east on a regular schedule.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »
I knew Obama would do something like this. I'm amazed the MSM would point it out.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.