Author Topic: Union fires employee for trying to...  (Read 1858 times)

Regolith

• friend
Union fires employee for trying to...
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:58:03 AM »
...unionize.  ???

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/this_oughta_teach_him_rQamwIU0sNZxyrmyNBxz4L

A former employee of the United Federation of Teachers, a New York City-based teacher's union, claims that he was fired for trying to unionize the UFT's writers.

If true, this has to rank high as one of the most hypocritical (and ironical) events of the decade.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 09:01:17 AM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Union fires employee for trying to...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:16:33 AM »

Epic win!
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 10:20:59 PM »
Wow.  Hypocrisy so thick you could cut it with a knife. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »
The laughter - it hurts so good!

But - unionize six guys?  Are the unions so specialized/selective that they could not just go over to a shop steward for one of the already-present unions and say "Where do we sign up?"

And only after 13 years, when he saw one of his fellow wordsmiths let go, did he consider the need for a union to protect his $100K ricebowl?  Were the previous 12 years, 11 months such a walk in the park that the notion did not come to him before now?

Irony?  Yes!  Hypocracy?  On both sides!  Sympathy?  None!!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »
Irony?  Yes!  Hypocracy?  On both sides!  Sympathy?  None!!

Yup.  I believe Nelson said it best:

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth