Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Chorizo and Egg Scramble

(1/3) > >>

Ben:
I haven't had chorizo in forever, and when I've had it, it has been in breakfast burritos. I saw some good looking chorizo at the store yesterday so picked it up.

I just made myself a chorizo scramble with chorizo, four eggs, peppers, red onions, a couple of handfuls of spinach, and shredded cheese. Side of sourdough toast with a mix of orange and huckleberry jam. Man was that delicious.

K Frame:
I do love chorizo, but like you, don't get it that often.

I really like it in red beans and rice.

I got a pound of chorizo last year and I think I ended up using it in chili.

zxcvbob:
Thanks for the idea for lunch.  I have a chub of cheap Mexican chorizo in the fridge.  Not sure if it's beef or pork (the beef is greasier)  Eggs, fresh jalapenos, red and yellow onions, cheese.  Maybe some shredded carrot to bulk it up, I've never added that before but I don't see how it could ruin it.  I have low-carb tortillas and some homemade salsa to eat with it.

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: K Frame on February 23, 2024, 10:22:18 AM ---I do love chorizo, but like you, don't get it that often.

I really like it in red beans and rice.

I got a pound of chorizo last year and I think I ended up using it in chili.

--- End quote ---

The Mexican kind or Spanish?

Ben:

--- Quote from: zxcvbob on February 23, 2024, 11:18:59 AM ---The Mexican kind or Spanish?

--- End quote ---

While that was directed at Mike, one of the reasons I picked mine up yesterday was because it was the pork Spanish kind. I loves me some linguica too.  =)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version