Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Chorizo and Egg Scramble

<< < (2/3) > >>

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: Ben on February 23, 2024, 11:25:30 AM ---While that was directed at Mike, one of the reasons I picked mine up yesterday was because it was the pork Spanish kind. I loves me some linguica too.  =)

--- End quote ---

I have never seen the Spanish kind of chorizo for sale, I'm just having trouble imagining the Mexican kind in beans and rice.  I should try to make some [Spanish] with the big pork roast I have in the deep freezer if I can find a reasonable-looking recipe.

Ben:

--- Quote from: zxcvbob on February 23, 2024, 11:29:00 AM ---I have never seen the Spanish kind of chorizo for sale,

--- End quote ---

We have a significant Basque community in this region, which might be why I found it at the grocery. Note to self: Next time I'm in the city, I need to stop by one of the Basque markets.

K Frame:

--- Quote from: zxcvbob on February 23, 2024, 11:18:59 AM ---The Mexican kind or Spanish?

--- End quote ---

Mexican. Never seen Spanish style chorizo for sale here in my area.

K Frame:
"I have never seen the Spanish kind of chorizo for sale, I'm just having trouble imagining the Mexican kind in beans and rice."

It's good.

Pickled pork is traditionally used in red beans and rice, but I've used ground turkey, pork sausage, ham, turkey sausage, and chicken in red beans and rice. All are tasty and add a different character.

Kingcreek:
We have a small family run Mexican joint here. They make a great chorizo skillet breakfast. We only eat breakfast out rarely but when we do, it’s there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version