Author Topic: Hoplophobic idiocy and really bad journalism.  (Read 2816 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Hoplophobic idiocy and really bad journalism.
« on: April 08, 2014, 07:43:59 AM »
Warning: this is so stupid, it might make you claw your eyes out.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/25184162/group-looks-to-giveaway-assault-style-rifle

One that thing really stands out to me is the idea that the AR-15 is characterized as "the gun that Adam Lanza used to murder 20 innocent children." This can only be true for very ignorant, or very dishonest, people. The AR-15 is also the gun that police brought with them, to respond to the crime. And the standard-issue rifle of our military for nearly fifty years. And one of the best-selling firearms in America. So how could it reasonably be defined by Sandy Hook, or the handful of other atrocities in which it has been used?  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Hoplophobic idiocy and really bad journalism.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
Warning: this is so stupid, it might make you claw your eyes out.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/25184162/group-looks-to-giveaway-assault-style-rifle

One that thing really stands out to me is the idea that the AR-15 is characterized as "the gun that Adam Lanza used to murder 20 innocent children." This can only be true for very ignorant, or very dishonest, people. The AR-15 is also the gun that police brought with them, to respond to the crime. And the standard-issue rifle of our military for nearly fifty years. And one of the best-selling firearms in America. So how could it reasonably be defined by Sandy Hook, or the handful of other atrocities in which it has been used?  :facepalm:

Looking closely, you answered your question.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:20:48 PM »
It's not even the same type of ar-15 used in Sandy Hook , Daniel Defense.
Here is another great story from the Most Popular Stories side list, http://www.wfsb.com/story/25186070/young-boy-orders-dangerous-airsoft-gun-from-amazon
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 08:20:47 PM »
Actually, I don't think Lanza used an AR-15 at all. It was a Bushmaster, but I thought it was an M4gery.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 10:19:28 PM »
Is not AR-15 used to refer to all the variations of Armalite's design?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:13:00 AM »
More or less.
My evilBushmasterkillingmachine is actually marked XM-15
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 11:51:48 AM »
I promise to not use my "Killdozer Lower" with the custom selector markings of "Siesta - Fiesta - Donkey Show" (I might ask to leave one side as "Safe - Doze - Killdoze") should I ever go on a rampage.

I promise not to duck.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 01:34:54 PM »
On the note of really bad journalism, I heard on the radio at lunch that Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend through the bathroom door with "exploding bullets".

Boy, and I thought South Africa would have some stringent gun regulations. They have weapons no one else in the world has!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought