Author Topic: He derps harder...  (Read 701 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
He derps harder...
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:12:59 AM »
Another fine example of the ignorant advising us on firearms.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2014/may/01/more-guns-argument-and-fedex-tragedy/

Unfortunately, that argument does not stand up to scrutiny. Using the situation as described by Brannen, it assumes that a guard not trained to police standards, armed with a holstered handgun with the safety on as policy would dictate, could have pulled that weapon, switched the safety off, aimed accurately and fired that weapon, all in response to a pre-dawn surprise attack by an assailant who burst in on him with loaded shotgun blazing.

'Cause all handguns have external safeties, and swiping off the safety is a separate step that adds time to the draw-stroke.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: He derps harder...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 05:56:13 PM »
Ye Gods.  ;/

As policy would dicate?  You mean like the entire Air Force everywhere?  And "trained to police standards" doesn't set the bar very high.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
Anybody care to dredge up the guy who rushed the Detriot (iirc) police station that was full of police trained to police standards with guns that either did or did not have the safety on as per policy, who managed to be blown away by some deranged idjit?

As opposed to the retired guy in the internet cafe in Florida (again iirc) who took down two armed thugs who rushed in and started shooting up the place?

Or the guys open carrying in the Waffle House in Georgia (iirrc once more) whose mere presence seemed to dissuade a bbunch of yutes from coming in and robbing/shooting up/raping/dancing the tango with the customers there?

There seems to be a saying about bugs and windshields that might be applicable here.

The only thing is that in places where people are not prohibited from having guns there is a much better possibility that one or more of them might have a chance to do something about/to an active shooter.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 11:09:28 PM »
It's not as if people use guns for self-defense thousands of times per day, or anything. Gotta love these sick human beings who tell us that we have very little chance of defending ourselves, so they need to keep us from trying. I guess we can at least be happy that they seem to be losing. I just wish they'd hurry up about it.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife