Author Topic: University of Delaware Requires Students to Undergo Ideological Reeducation  (Read 2988 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
http://thefire.org/8555.html
The universitys views are forced on students through a comprehensive manipulation of the residence hall environment, from mandatory training sessions to sustainability door decorations. Students living in the universitys eight housing complexes are required to attend training sessions, floor meetings, and one-on-one meetings with their Resident Assistants (RAs). The RAs who facilitate these meetings have received their own intensive training from the university, including a diversity facilitation training session at which RAs were taught, among other things, that [a] racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality.

The university suggests that at one-on-one sessions with students, RAs should ask intrusive personal questions such as When did you discover your sexual identity? Students who express discomfort with this type of questioning often meet with disapproval from their RAs, who write reports on these one-on-one sessions and deliver these reports to their superiors. One student identified in a write-up as an RAs worst one-on-one session was a young woman who stated that she was tired of having diversity shoved down her throat.

Excuse my while I clear my throat, so this isn't misunderstood.  *expletive deleted*ck you, people who think I'm a racist simply because of the color of my skin.  Wait...isn't judging someone based on the color of their skin racism?

cosine

• Administrator
Reason #574820576 I am happy that I don't live in one of those zoos/warped three-ring circuses known as residence halls.
Andy

Manedwolf

• friend
[a] racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality.

Tribes engaged in interethnic violence between different shades of black in Africa would be startled to learn that.

So would the Japanese. They think American whites are racist? Ha! Watch the original versions of a lot of anime...vaudeville giant-lips blackface is quite acceptable in that culture.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Excerpts from University of Delaware Office of Residence Life Diversity Facilitation Training

http://thefire.org/index.php/article/8552.html
A RACIST: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination. (This does not deny the existence of such prejudices, hostilities, acts of rage or discrimination.)" - Page 3

A NON-RACIST: A non-term. The term was created by whites to deny responsibility for systemic racism, to maintain an aura of innocence in the face of racial oppression, and to shift responsibility for that oppression from whites to people of color (called "blaming the victim"). Responsibility for perpetuating and legitimizing a racist system rests both on those who actively maintain it, and on those who refuse to challenge it. Silence is consent." - Page 3

REVERSE RACISM: A term created and used by white people to deny their white privilege. Those in denial use the term reverse racism to refer to hostile behavior by people of color toward whites, and to affirmative action policies, which allegedly give 'preferential treatment' to people of color over whites. In the U.S., there is no such thing as 'reverse racism.'" - Page 3

"Have you ever heard a well-meaning white person say, 'I'm not a member of any race except the human race?' What she usually means by this statement is that she doesn't want to perpetuate racial categories by acknowledging that she is white. This is an evasion of responsibility for her participation in a system based on supremacy for white people." - Page 8

cosine

• Administrator
The above is a joke, right? Please?
Andy

Len Budney

Take everyone from U of D out to the rifle range and teach them the fundamentals of shooting. If possible, get every last one of them a CCW. Require all freshman to be armed; make carrying optional for upperclassmen. I think that would cut through a lot of the BS. If any fool starts blabbering about how light skin automatically makes one a racist oppressor, one can politely ask, "Are you threatening me with assault or grave bodily harm?"

After all, an armed society is a polite one (or so I've heard). I think it's more than the fear that your neighbors will take you out, though. I think a lethal weapon on one's person really makes one rethink one's priorities. Am I serious about all this "oppression" jazz? Do I really "hate whitey"? Do I want to start a fight, realizing that it could well escalate to real violence? And that as the instigator, things can't possibly turn out to my advantage?

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Manedwolf

• friend
That won't work. There's an entire definition of weak leftists who, if they see a gun, would start hyperventilating and crying, and then sue someone for emotional distress.

Len Budney

That won't work. There's an entire definition of weak leftists who, if they see a gun, would start hyperventilating and crying, and then sue someone for emotional distress.

Sigh. Too true.

But that's what makes it possible to engage in these histrionics, IMO. Anyone who spouts the rhetoric of class or racial "warfare" should be handed a loaded weapon and presented with a choice: shoot, or shut your damn mouth.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
If one were being taught such obvious falsehoods, would that be the point at which one should demand one's tuition be refunded? 

Or would it be preferable to interrupt the session, point out that you have paid for this education, and tell the speaker to please go away and find someone who has a knowledge of the subject matter? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Well that university better cut the salaries of the white professors to the level of a monthly welfare check since they are privileged.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

One of Many

• friend
Re: University of Delaware Requires Students to Undergo Ideological Reeducation
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 01:34:12 PM »
It would be interesting to know what the racial percentage of the population of that university is; how many blacks, whites, asians, aboriginal, and mixed race. 

That document seems to be biased on the basis of gender, as well as skin color, with the comments concerning 'an evasion of responsibility for her participation in a system based on supremacy for white people'.  This is certifiably Political Correctness taken to the extreme, and could only have been written by a minority racist out to prove how evil all white people are.  My suspicion is that white students/faculty/staff are in the minority at that school, and are about to become even more of a minority at that school, due to enactment of this policy. That policy seems intent on forcing whites to leave, or to subjugate themselves in a manner worse than that the black slaves endured until our civil war.  In fact, this policy seems to be a declaration of civil war.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »
One of Many, I bet it's exactly opposite of what you think.

What do you know, I was right.

By Gender   
Men:   42.6%
Women:   57.4%
Ethnicity   
Non-resident alien:   0.8%
Black non-Hispanic:   6.1%
American Indian or Alaskan Native:   0.3%
Asian or Pacific Islander:   3.6%
Hispanic:   4.0%
White non-Hispanic:   83.7%
Race-ethnicity unknown:   1.4%
Source: http://education-portal.com/articles/Delaware_(DE):_University_and_College_System.html

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »

You mean the whites are the ones encouraging this nonsense, and are in the majority?  Probably. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 01:42:15 PM »

What do you know, I was right.

By Gender   
Men:   42.6%
Women:   57.4%
Ethnicity   
Non-resident alien:   0.8%
Black non-Hispanic:   6.1%
American Indian or Alaskan Native:   0.3%
Asian or Pacific Islander:   3.6%
Hispanic:   4.0%
White non-Hispanic:   83.7%
Race-ethnicity unknown:   1.4%
Source: http://education-portal.com/articles/Delaware_(DE):_University_and_College_System.html

Yeah, I'd bet it's being perpetuated by those with "white guilt."

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 03:30:35 PM »
If whoever came up with that crap is not fired, that guy is not doing his job as university president. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 04:37:59 PM »
Hmmmm....

Our RA's had enough to do trying to keep us from destroying the building, let alone promoting diversity.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 04:48:44 PM »
Hmmmm....

Our RA's had enough to do trying to keep us from destroying the building, let alone promoting diversity.

Same here also, probably pretty par for the course on "wet" dormitories.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 06:45:48 PM »
I thought about living in the dorm...

Then I realized that I would give up my guns and knives, and have to deal with other people. Within a week or two, I probably would have thrown some people out the window for playing rap "music" or something similar to this diversity crap.

Instead, I get to go home each night, cradle my guns, and know that if someone said something about " diversity", I could put a magazine of buckshot into them.

Hell, I was sitting in the atrium of one of the buildings yesterday and some girl came up collecting for UNICEF. I said I wasn't giving one cent to the damn UN. She left in a huff.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 08:29:12 PM »
Any white kid who would sit still for that tripe is one of the undead.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 08:38:18 PM »
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 03:23:59 AM »
As dasmi showed, U of D is much like my ass, lily white.  Unlike my ass, it's also rich and probably a tad bit racist, despite what this whole fiasco would have us think.   
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 04:01:48 AM »
Hmmmm....

Same here also, probably pretty par for the course on "wet" dormitories.

Multiple definitions, there. We had Super Soaker fights in the hallways at UM. White hallways with bolts of water flying back and forth, it looked like the intro to the first Star Wars. Then it escalated to wastebaskets of water, and, in revenge, someone had a 55gal garbage can of water tipped against their door so it fell in when they opened the door, resulting in a recreation of "Titanic". The RA was not too happy.  grin

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 06:04:26 AM »
Supersoakers?  Wuss.  We had a fire extinguisher war.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 06:24:18 AM »
Yeah, but fire extinguishers would get you arrested there. Smiley

Besides, I had one of these!

Most powerful one they ever made, discontinued because it was too powerful...it actually caused bruises. Had a range of about 50 feet, and fired a thick water bolt that really stung and could indeed bruise at close range. It actually kicked when you fired!