Author Topic: University of Delaware Requires Students to Undergo Ideological Reeducation  (Read 2989 times)

Len Budney

Re: University of Delaware Requires Students to Undergo Ideological Reeducation
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 07:36:07 AM »
Supersoakers?  Wuss.  We had a fire extinguisher war.

At Brown we'd get billed for recharging the extinguisher. Not to say we didn't have fire-extinguisher fights, of course. But we also had midnight raids to trade our empties for other suites' fulls.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 07:39:08 AM »
Back in college, the best we had for water fights were bazoongas . . . but they did have enough range to reach the athletic field, where the ROTC guys drilled.  grin
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 04:26:54 PM »
Thank good the president rescinded the program.  Now he has a chance to get it right.  Leave it to an academic to put together a half-assed program strong on intent and weak on implementation.

Anyone with half a brain knows it won't work without re-education camps.  Delaware is sufficiently rural to have a number of camps where those of unacceptable mindset can go and be adjusted.  Might even be able to get credit and a couple of months in the woods all in the name of correct thinking.  What was Comrade President thinking?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 10:17:20 AM »
Good job to FIRE getting that particular program canceled, but the mindset will remain, and will continue to be taught.
D. R. ZINN

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »
Yeah, but fire extinguishers would get you arrested there. Smiley

Besides, I had one of these!

Most powerful one they ever made, discontinued because it was too powerful...it actually caused bruises. Had a range of about 50 feet, and fired a thick water bolt that really stung and could indeed bruise at close range. It actually kicked when you fired! 

I still have that exact model.  It's at my parent's place.  Yep, was a lot of fun and did leave bruises when used at extremely close ranges.  Such as 6 inches away.    grin
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2007, 04:46:23 PM »
Yeah, but fire extinguishers would get you arrested there. Smiley

Besides, I had one of these!

Most powerful one they ever made, discontinued because it was too powerful...it actually caused bruises. Had a range of about 50 feet, and fired a thick water bolt that really stung and could indeed bruise at close range. It actually kicked when you fired! 

I still have that exact model.  It's at my parent's place.  Yep, was a lot of fun and did leave bruises when used at extremely close ranges.  Such as 6 inches away.    grin

They go for over $100 now on eBay. O_O