Author Topic: Dog is dead.  (Read 3394 times)

Vodka7

• friend
Re: Dog is dead.
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »
I love it when bad things happen to bad people, especially in light of his anti-2A comments.

That said, I actually don't think he's that much of a racist, or at least he tries hard not to be.  I have watched his show in the past, and I've seen him treat people of different races all the same.  Some people were just born in racist homes and can't ever fully get past that.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 05:09:59 PM »
Dog dun a bad thang when he arrested a sicko pervert in Mexico on US charges.  That is when things started going down hill from there.  Kinda makes me wonder if he p*ssed off the wrong people. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Euclidean

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 05:20:48 PM »
Dog was funny for about five minutes.  Real bounty hunters have told me how ridiculous and fake that show is, and how full of it he is.

I really don't care what he does any more.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 06:47:04 AM »
If "Dog" was black, would it be OK?
Yes.

Any other silly questions?

Used between two individuals of the same race or ethnic group (or even of different groups, given the proper relationship dynamic), a slur has none of the 'awful power' it holds when used by people without that conncetion.

Hence a Jewish cultural magazine called "Heeb." And (some) black men and women using the n-word as a term of endearment. Homosexuals adopting 'fag' and 'queer.'  In large part, the concept you want to look up is 'language reclamation.'

So black people can say anything, but there some things white people can't...I don't think the applicable term is "language reclamation" - where I come from, when people aren't allowed to do what other people of different skin color are allowed to do, they call it...  RACISM.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 11:03:49 AM »
So black people can say anything, but there some things white people can't...
Um... no. That looks nothing at all like what I wrote.

Nice try though, cracker.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »
ANy time you can, or cannot, do or say something based soley on skin color, it's RACISM.

...and that's "Mister Cracker", to you.... grin

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 12:43:39 PM »
You don't seem to understand what racism means as it is commonly defined and used.
one hates to go to the OED, but...
"1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race. 2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races."

None of that applies to understanding that within certain relationships, there is a freedom to joke around (two friends calling each other hillbillies) or take up a word that is generally used to injure and deprive it of its power. Or to understanding that outside of those relationship (which may be personal or of 'classes' of people), a word commonly used to injure will remain unusable by certain parties.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Polishrifleman

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »
I prefer White Bread instead of Cracker. grin

The thing I find the most interesting on how the tape leaked from a known felon, who was out after 3yrs of a 20yr sentance and his own son.  Obviously he wasn't drinking the Kool-aid the family was serving.  Dog, needs to re-evaluate his parenting skillz and step out of the trailer park and realize that preaching to the nation through a TV show has really elevated his shortcomings as an individual. 

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 04:01:07 PM »
Dog was funny for about five minutes.  Real bounty hunters have told me how ridiculous and fake that show is, and how full of it he is.

I was a Parole Officer in Kansas City.  You know, hard core felons?  Who didn't desire to go back when chased down?

Dog always catches his DUI convict, on probation (candy ass), who cannot leave the island because a warrant won't let them get on a boat or plane.

When my mother asked me what I did for a living, having the cartoonish Dog to offer was helpful...
Zeke

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 06:59:40 PM »
You don't seem to understand what racism means as it is commonly defined and used.
one hates to go to the OED, but...
"1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race.

Like the ability or lack thereof, specific to each race, to use certain words....

2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races."

For example discrimination in what certain races can or can't say...

None of that applies to understanding that within certain relationships, there is a freedom to joke around (two friends calling each other hillbillies) or take up a word that is generally used to injure and deprive it of its power. Or to understanding that outside of those relationship (which may be personal or of 'classes' of people), a word commonly used to injure will remain unusable by certain parties.

In the words of Carlos Mencia, "thats bull****".

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 10:59:24 AM »
Like the ability or lack thereof, specific to each race, to use certain words....

Oh, for God's sake.

Do you lack the 'ability' to say certain slurs? Of course not - you speak English.

This is a question of acceptability, even morality.

For example discrimination in what certain races can or can't say...
Is it discriminatory that you'll be shunned for running down the street shouting '*let's not go there*'? Really? You feel that infringes on your 'pursuit of happiness' (etc.)?

Be less inane.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »
It would appear that the further implications of what you advocate are beyond your grasp.  My bad.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 01:14:09 PM »
I prefer White Bread instead of Cracker. grin

I always liked "ofay," despite having no idea what it meant or what its origins were.  It just sounded like it could mean something really bad.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 01:30:27 PM »
I always liked "ofay," despite having no idea what it meant or what its origins were.  It just sounded like it could mean something really bad.

I suspect it is pig-Latin for "f*ck off".