Author Topic: Petition still not answered...  (Read 1957 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Petition still not answered...
« on: December 12, 2012, 05:27:20 PM »
This is my surprised face. o_o

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

Peacefully grant the State of Texas to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.

The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

Signatures needed by December 09, 2012 to reach goal of 25,000: 0

Total signatures on this petition: 119,523

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Petition still not answered...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »
Nor will it be.  The media has already embarked on a campaign to downplay it as post election sour grapes.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
Nor will it be.  The media has already embarked on a campaign to downplay it as post election sour grapes.

And racism. Don't forget the racism.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:37:03 PM »
Obama and Hillary are secretly planning to deploy UN peacekeepers to Texas to quell the incipient insurrection.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
Obama and Hillary are secretly planning to deploy UN peacekeepers to Texas to quell the incipient insurrection.

Cool....I need the target practice....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
119,523  just joined the list of  "guaranteed to be *expletive deleted*ed with @ the airport"

Buzzcook

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
Too bad the Republicans didn't work out a mechanism for leaving the union while they controlled all three branches of government.

I'd insist that any state leaving should pay back any money they got from the federal government before they leave. Oh and they have to take as many conservatives as will fit. And they have to let the people who don't want to secede have their own territory that will stay in the union.

That should be a start.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
Too bad the Republicans didn't work out a mechanism for leaving the union while they controlled all three branches of government.

I'd insist that any state leaving should pay back any money they got from the federal government before they leave. Oh and they have to take as many conservatives as will fit. And they have to let the people who don't want to secede have their own territory that will stay in the union.

That should be a start.

Can they also demand back all the money they've given to the Federal government in taxes?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
Can they also demand back all the money they've given to the Federal government in taxes?

There you go again, confusing the issue with logic. ;)
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »

Yeah, and all the back rent/taxes for national forests, BLM, and Parks and Monuments  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »

Some states are in the hole if you compare dollar for dollar federal tax revenue vs. money in. 

My biggest complaint is that I would only support secession if it came with a new free movement and constitution.  Cutting the eater class free.  I'm not interested in turning over the apple cart just to restock the apples into another cart. 

The chart on this page is telling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_spending_and_taxation_across_states

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »
A lot of federal money "spent" in a particular state is for interference that we would just as soon do without  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 11:05:40 AM »
A lot of federal money "spent" in a particular state is for interference that we would just as soon do without  :mad:

Oh I'd certainly love to see a breakdown of what's really being spent in those states.
For instance, Florida probably consumes a but load of SS, Medicare or Medicaid that was earned in other states. 
JD