Author Topic: A drugstore on nearly every corner...is this your area, too?  (Read 7623 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: A drugstore on nearly every corner...is this your area, too?
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 05:13:14 AM »
A new pharmacist, starting right out of school, has a starting salary of $ 85-90,000 if they want to work retail at a Walgreen's CVS or the like.

Based on what I heard from Pharm students when I was in school (we had a great pharm program), they earned it.

Chris

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 05:13:47 AM »
Banks banks banks banks banks

who goes to a walk up bank anymore, and why would you need more than a couple of branches per 100 square miles?

IMHO as a hedge against being acquired as a mere customer database,
the banks are making extensive land/property investments so they are more difficult to leverage buyout

there's a bank on every street corner across from the drug stores
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »
What irks me is there can be 10 banks within visual range and not a single one is mine.  I don't need a teller, but I do need ATMs for deposits and such.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 07:12:21 PM »
Banks banks banks banks banks

who goes to a walk up bank anymore, and why would you need more than a couple of branches per 100 square miles? 

My wife works for a swanky pre-school, patronized by little rich kids.  Would you believe that her employer DOES NOT offer direct deposit?  Huh?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JohnBT

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 06:38:01 AM »
"who goes to a walk up bank anymore"

Me. Once or twice a week. My branch is one block from the office. I use the ATM if I'm just taking out a few hundred. But most of the time I need a teller or even a manager to sign something. That reminds me, I have a $1k check to deposit and I forgot to grab a deposit slip before I walked to work this morning. It's okay, they'll print me one. They've gotten really, really friendly since I starting buying jumbo CDs with the money from the sale of my parents' house. (It's okay, they didn't die, only moved to a retirement home and my father said to put it in CDs. He's 86 and likes CDs.)

Can't get a free lollipop if you don't go inside. Smiley

John

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 06:46:41 AM »
. . . Some of the vacant locations became dollar stores . . .
Dollar stores is great - when you go there y'all don't have ta git all dressed up like you wuz goin' ta Wal-Mart or sumpthin . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain