Author Topic: Miller v. Murkowski update  (Read 10215 times)

taurusowner

Re: Miller v. Murkowski update
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2010, 07:08:01 AM »
What about the documentally medically incompetent?

Don't straw man this and pretend like that's a voting block with enough people to make a significant dent in the election. Regular people who are too stupid by choice to vote correctly is the problem at hand, not the handful of medical cases that might have a real problem. Get off the  whole "medically incompetent" horse; it's not going anywhere.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2010, 09:05:41 AM »
Since she lost the primary, does this mean that more Dems voted for her than Repugs  ???

Essentially yes. The Alaska republican primary is a closed ballot and available by request only. The open primary ballot allows cross-party voting and covers Dems, Libertarians, Alaska Independence, Greens and whoever else can get recognized. You can have one or the other, but not both.

What happened here is that most of the Spoiled Princess's .......er.....excuse me..... the good Senator's govt handout dependent camp followers are mostly those who couldn't let themselves be seen in broad daylight asking for the closed republican ballot. As a result, those of us voted the republican primary ballot tossed her on her arse. Her camp followers that came out of the woodwork for her write-in is a list of the usual left leaning suspects such as labor and teachers unions, native corporations, tribal govts and their non-profits, bush community govts, commercial fishing associations and anyone else who is gagging on the federal teat. It's all about the (formerly) Almighty Greenback Dollar and how many she can bring back.

Now policywise I can live with most of her positions. What I have issue with is the federal govt is in gross violation of its contractual responsibilities of the Alaska Statehood Compact and she isn't aggressive enough in holding them to it. The other problem is the federal spending. The federal treasury is about to implode and when it does, the govt handout crowd are going to be like a bunch of junkies that have just gotten thrown off the Horse. There's going to some severe withdrawls with no fix.

Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »
Don't straw man this and pretend like that's a voting block with enough people to make a significant dent in the election. Regular people who are too stupid by choice to vote correctly is the problem at hand.

No, they are not. It transpires that a lot of the challenges are outright frivolous. There is no major problem at all.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2010, 01:57:27 PM »
miller and his followers lost what could/should have been theirs

their antics since could make him and his cause a nonstarter for a long time
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I