Author Topic: Does he not understand that we can HEAR the feedback from the reverb?  (Read 10087 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
"For the last decade..." (It's not my fault.)

"In the year 2000, the government had a budget surplus. But, instead of using it to pay off our debt, the money was used for trillions of dollars in new tax cuts, while two wars and an expensive prescription drug program were added to the nation's credit card." (It's not my fault, but I took the $300 billion deficit and more than tripled it anyway. And I doubled down on the drug program by pushing through a multi-trillion dollar socialized medicine program.)

"...an approach that doesn't ask the wealthiest Americans or the biggest corporations to contribute anything at all." (Those wealthy Americans--25% of the population--are already paying 75% of the taxes. I won't be happy until they're paying 100%.)

What a *expletive deleted*che bag.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
I could only take a small dose, oozing arrogance and condescension.
something like "like our founders said, out of the many-one"  When he says it it sounds like evil Spock talking about the other federation on that star trek episode where Spock has a goatee
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Regolith

• friend
I loved the part where he stated that the debt ceiling was "a term that most people outside of Washington have probably never heard of before"  and then proceeded to lecture on the subject as if we hadn't been hearing about it on the *expletive deleted*ing news for WEEKS now.  :facepalm:

Condescending SOB.

Also, bonus quote:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure...It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies…Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit." - Senator Barack Obama, 2006
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:35:52 AM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
There was much yelling at the tv last night at casa de lup

What an arrogant, ignorant, self righteous, fear mongering, *expletive deleted*che bag.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
So, in, summary, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!!!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
So, in, summary, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!!!

Yep Blame Bush.

I didn't agree with the some of the message of the speech/talk but I did think he did an excellent job on delivery.

I don't agree with taxing coorporations because all they will do is raise prices, I do in part agree with restoring some of the taxes on most wealthy or go to a standard flat tax for everyone and ditch any tax right offs/ incentives.

I do also agree with a balanced budget amendment, the great state of Iowa has on where we can only spend up to 99% of actual revenues taken in, probably the #1 reason Iowa isn't in the hole like CA or IL.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure...It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies…Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit." - Senator Barack Obama, 2006

Oh what tangled webs we weave...

brimic

• friends
I had one of those moments where I almost kicked the TV off its stand, then realized that I didn' need to- Obama will ensure that my taxes will go up enough to make up the cost of a couple of 52" plasma TVs per year, and I didn't need to help myself in emptying my wallet.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
I had one of those moments where I almost kicked the TV off its stand, then realized that I didn' need to- Obama will ensure that my taxes will go up enough to make up the cost of a couple of 52" plasma TVs per year, and I didn't need to help myself in emptying my wallet.
I just skipped it and didn't watch it.  I know I won't agree with what he says and much of what he says will be half-truth.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Does he not understand that we can HEAR the feedback from the reverb?
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »
Yep Blame Bush.

I didn't agree with the some of the message of the speech/talk but I did think he did an excellent job on delivery.

I don't agree with taxing coorporations because all they will do is raise prices, I do in part agree with restoring some of the taxes on most wealthy or go to a standard flat tax for everyone and ditch any tax right offs/ incentives.

I do also agree with a balanced budget amendment, the great state of Iowa has on where we can only spend up to 99% of actual revenues taken in, probably the #1 reason Iowa isn't in the hole like CA or IL.
I guess different people see the "delivery" differently.  I never had a problem with Bush's speeches.  I still don't understand why so many people are so caught up with that.  They would rather be cheated by a slick salesman than deal honestly with a poor one.

I also don't think the "wealthy" should pay any more taxes than anyone else by percentage.  However, they shouldn't get any more tax shelters either.  Of course, there is always the problem that my definition of wealthy and democrat's definition of wealthy are two different things.  Democrats always end up telling me I'm wealthy.  Of course, income does not equal wealth anyway.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
Server not found

Be still my heart!
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »
I don't see anything unusual about Obama's speaking style. I've heard better. In fact, much better.

When you listen to the words, it's like listening to a closed loop recording. Nothing you haven't heard before.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »
Makes me so glad I'm stuck where I'm at without 24 hour a day TV access.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

birdman

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 05:15:22 PM »
I don't see anything unusual about Obama's speaking style. I've heard better. In fact, much better.

When you listen to the words, it's like listening to a closed loop recording. Nothing you haven't heard before.

He also says "um" ALL THE DAMN TIME.

I personally only force myself to watch him speak when it's an off-prompter one...he flounders like a new college graduate...it's actually fun to watch if you forget he's the president for a moment.  I personally can't wait for the 2012 debates, especially if we get a good candidate (still wishing Ryan would run, he would tear Obama apart in a debate)...I will be watching closely for the "ten word answer" (a la "the west wing")...a classic Obama soundbite answer...then watch the rebuttal with a real PLAN.  Unfortunately, the MSM will only show the Obama answer, and creatively edit a soundbite from the GOP that totally distorts the actual answer.  Remember 2008 dem primary debates where Obama said, after being asked if he would raise cap gains taxes EVEN IF IT REDUCED TAX REVENUE, "I would, in the interest of fairness"...wow...what a great soundbite...that the MSM BURIED.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 05:18:46 PM »
I also don't think the "wealthy" should pay any more taxes than anyone else by percentage.  However, they shouldn't get any more tax shelters either.  Of course, there is always the problem that my definition of wealthy and democrat's definition of wealthy are two different things.  Democrats always end up telling me I'm wealthy.  Of course, income does not equal wealth anyway.

I could agree with removing all the tax shelters/loopholds for everyone. No more mortage interest right offs, no more municipal bonds, no student loan interest credit, no education credit, welfare recipents pay tax, etc.

Uranus is a gas giant.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »
I could agree with removing all the tax shelters/loopholds for everyone. No more mortage interest right offs, no more municipal bonds, no student loan interest credit, no education credit, welfare recipents pay tax, etc.

Spitballing numbers around, with a $4 trillion annual operating cost and 300 million people to pay those costs... and keeping in mind that 300 million includes seniors, children, mentally handicapped, convicts, homeless and millionaires...

That comes out to a per-capita cost of government of $13,333.34.

A family of four has a household cost of government of $53,333.34.

I'm good with your proposal.

I'll pay my $13k.  When I get married, my wife and I will pay $26k.  When we have kids, we'll pay our $53k.

Now go out and get everyone else to pay their $13k.  Get rid of all the tax shelters/loopholes.  All of em.  Even the income-based ones for those that make under $25k, or are on welfare, or are living behind the city park, have 8 kids and live in Salt Lake City, or are in jail.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 07:05:28 AM »
I'll pay my $13k.  When I get married, my wife and I will pay $26k.  When we have kids, we'll pay our $53k.

Now go out and get everyone else to pay their $13k.  Get rid of all the tax shelters/loopholes.  All of em.  Even the income-based ones for those that make under $25k, or are on welfare, or are living behind the city park, have 8 kids and live in Salt Lake City, or are in jail.

Brilliant!
I would gladly pay the $53K for my family if everyone else were forced to pay their share:)

The size of the federal government would shrink significantly in the 2nd year :cool:

Barack Obama

PTK

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »
FFS, I'd be willing to pay my share, though it would mean homelessness once again. I'm tired of this government being out of control, and it needs to stop NOW! :mad:

What it would mean is that business would thrive again and I might be able to find work, regardless of my disabilities. :)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 02:34:50 PM »
Spitballing numbers around, with a $4 trillion annual operating cost and 300 million people to pay those costs... and keeping in mind that 300 million includes seniors, children, mentally handicapped, convicts, homeless and millionaires...

I'll pay my $13k.  When I get married, my wife and I will pay $26k.  When we have kids, we'll pay our $53k.

Now go out and get everyone else to pay their $13k.  Get rid of all the tax shelters/loopholes.  All of em.  Even the income-based ones for those that make under $25k, or are on welfare, or are living behind the city park, have 8 kids and live in Salt Lake City, or are in jail.

Flat tax means everyone pays the same percentage not the same dollar mount.

So welfare dude that rakes in $20k in welfare last year at 10% pays $2k in tax.

Local businessman makes $1 million last year pays $100k in at 10% tax.

Uranus is a gas giant.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »
Flat tax means everyone pays the same percentage not the same dollar mount.

So welfare dude that rakes in $20k in welfare last year at 10% pays $2k in tax.

Local businessman makes $1 million last year pays $100k in at 10% tax.

Even that is a far cry better than a progressive tax system for the purpose of keeping government in check.

A progressive tax system only allows a government to grow progressively larger.

Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »
Even that is a far cry better than a progressive tax system for the purpose of keeping government in check.

A progressive tax system only allows a government to grow progressively larger.

And convince at least half of the people that they don't really have to pay for it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »

Screw $4 Trillion.  That is an Obama budget.  It doesn't need to be anywhere near that high.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
Guys, you're falling for the whole "we need to tax more to balance the budget" crap.

We don't need more taxes.

We need less budget.

Consolidate programs. Eliminate waste. I'll bet that $13,000ish number could be trimmed to under $5,000... And still have stuff in it like national parks...
Blog under construction

birdman

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
We don't even need to cut that much. 
For GFY 2011, the federal govt received $2.17T, and spent $3.82T.

2012 revenues are estimated at ~$2.5T.  If we reduced spending to 2008 levels, minus the GWoT funds, the spending would be (roughly) $2.75T (vs the $3.82T we spent in 2011). 

Now, does anyone think we spent "too little" in 2008?!  Probably not, but even going back to 2008 funding levels would be an immediate cut of >$1 TRILLION in a SINGLE FISCAL YEAR (considering all the arguments about them trying to cut that over 10).

The dems are screaming about "drastic cuts" (when they are talking $100B a year cut) on the current debate, and think $1T a year cut is "impossible"...when all it takes to get a trillion a year cut is to simply go back less than three years! (in fact, I believe 2008 was the last budget the senate passed)...have things really gone that bad that the amount we spent three years ago would throw granny off a cliff, deprive college students of loans, etc?  No.

Not only that, if you then help spending to grow with inflation (let's say 3%), and had an economic growth rate of 5-6% (totally reasonable if Barack wasn't screwing it up)...t
Returning to a 2008 baseline for 2012 would result in a balanced budget inside of 3 years with ZERO revenue changes (we even get to keep the payroll tax cut)