Author Topic: Michelle Obama says something even scarier...  (Read 17329 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Michelle Obama says something even scarier...
« on: May 25, 2008, 11:12:58 AM »
A speech she made in California recently.

"Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zone . . . Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual - uninvolved, uninformed."

Authoritarian much? O_o

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/05/25/michelle_obama_is_fair_game/

longeyes

• friend
Re: Michelle Obama says something even scarier...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
Sing along...

"But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow"
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:17:11 AM »
Horst wessel leid, Michelle. rolleyes  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQBhxOFjCn0

Manewolf, she is just awful, a screaming communists with a filthy mouth, even in front of the kids.  I remember hear going on carpet chewing fits just over the first Bush child care refund (was that 2002?) and that was in public in the little park in the middle of the condo complex.

Most terrifying thing, she really believes it.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
A speech she made in California recently.

"Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zone . . . Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual - uninvolved, uninformed."

Authoritarian much? O_o

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/05/25/michelle_obama_is_fair_game/
What she doesn't want to realize is that many people are involved and informed. That's why they aren't voting for Obama.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 11:37:27 AM »
She's welcome to come here and TRY to drag me out of my comfortable isolation....

agricola

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »
What she doesn't want to realize is that many people are involved and informed. That's why they aren't voting for Obama.

The full text of the speech:  http://fedpapers.blogspot.com/2008/02/michelle-obamas-speech-ucla-two-weeks.html

People should definately go after her if this is what she is saying, after all she is going around making these speeches on his behalf. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »
Yet another Obama supporter mindlessly repeating the mantra of "Yes, we can!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKqWEYzhEA
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »

The full text of the speech:  http://fedpapers.blogspot.com/2008/02/michelle-obamas-speech-ucla-two-weeks.html

People should definately go after her if this is what she is saying, after all she is going around making these speeches on his behalf. 

But Barry says to lay off his wife.  HE's the one running for President.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 05:20:21 PM »
He's running--but on HER platform.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »
What she meant to say- "Arbeit macht frei"!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 07:04:01 PM »
I just never realized the President of the United States had the ability to mandate that you have no choice.

Apparently, she thinks so.

And thankfully, the pundits have picked up this one, and are disturbed.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »
How do you all feel, reading this, about the fact that George Bush has fought hard to establish the principle that the President may detain American citizens and bar access to civilian courts at will so long as the president alleges that it is part of the "war on terror"?

How safe do you feel with the powers that come with "enemy combatant" classification in the hands of the next executive?

Is this a power you want Obama, whose wife is saying things like this already, to have?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 09:05:06 PM »
How do you all feel, reading this, about the fact that George Bush has fought hard to establish the principle that the President may detain American citizens and bar access to civilian courts at will so long as the president alleges that it is part of the "war on terror"?

How safe do you feel with the powers that come with "enemy combatant" classification in the hands of the next executive?

Is this a power you want Obama, whose wife is saying things like this already, to have?

Only you could turn a Michelle Obama quote into lame Bush-bashing.  rolleyes

taurusowner

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »
Now Manedwolf, you know that's not true....Paddy has yet to chime in.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
Sorry, but that isn't Bush bashing-it is a point I was making during the Clinton years to all the cheerleaders for his style of executive rule-yeah, you're happy now....but how good is this "president does what he wants" trend going to be when someone you don't like gets office?

They all got the point with 8 years of George Bush.

Now we're all going to get the point starting in 2008....ignoring abuses of power and unchecked executive authority when your man is in office will ultimately turn on you.  It's a simple rule that 50 percent of the population is happy to ignore during any given term, to the detriment of the entire country in the long run.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »

Additional executive powers have been introduced, to be used in the case of emergencies. They have been introduced by Bush, but will now be in the hands of a leftist who hates everything America stands for.

How could anything possibly go wrong with this?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 03:57:47 AM »
I hate to pee in anyone's cheerios, but GWB has done and proposed no powers not exercised by his predecessors.

From Woodrow Wilson through FDR to GWB, such authority has been claimed and used...and in most cases, upheld by SCOTUS when challenged.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 04:47:03 AM »
but.....but.....I thought.....Bushhittler? Huh?undecided

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 04:56:54 AM »
Be that as it may, he has a valid point.  President Bush has fought tooth and nail for 8 years to give the President all kinds of powers the President shouldn't have.  Unfortunately, every President afterwards is going to have those same powers.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 08:56:34 AM »
I hate to pee in anyone's cheerios, but GWB has done and proposed no powers not exercised by his predecessors.

From Woodrow Wilson through FDR to GWB, such authority has been claimed and used...and in most cases, upheld by SCOTUS when challenged.

Which means, what?

Of course Bush is not OMG HITLER. Anybody who thinks that is an idiot, or not reading a history book.

But Presidential authority in particular, and executive authority in general, has been expanding continuously at least from FDR, and possibly from Wilson, dovetailing nicely with the general growth of Federal power.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

agricola

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 09:05:39 AM »
Be that as it may, he has a valid point.  President Bush has fought tooth and nail for 8 years to give the President all kinds of powers the President shouldn't have.  Unfortunately, every President afterwards is going to have those same powers.

I know this is something of a heresy here, but this is why I like McCain's notion that you should have a similar, weekly event like our Prime Ministers Questions.  It is damnedly good fun to see the likes of Blair and Brown have to defend themselves against verbal attacks, or be made to look complete fools.  Either way, it usually contributes to pricking their ego-bubbles.

a good example:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xUy2inkGHQ&feature=related  (this is when the Tory comeback began)
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 10:17:49 AM »
GWB has done and proposed no powers not exercised by his predecessors.

Like Lincoln, for instance ...  angry
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »

Which means, what?

Of course Bush is not OMG HITLER. Anybody who thinks that is an idiot, or not reading a history book.

But Presidential authority in particular, and executive authority in general, has been expanding continuously at least from FDR, and possibly from Wilson, dovetailing nicely with the general growth of Federal power.

First off, such powers have been in the power of the opposition, before.  GWB did not, as you implied and others have stated outright, all the sudden come up with a raft of new powers to exercise and use to beat up on pore, starvin' Johnny Wannabe Jihadis.  For the love of Pete, Wilson's administration arrested, prosecuted, & jailed American citizens for protesting America's involvement in WWI.  "Sedition" it was called.  FDR jailed thousands of Americans of Japanese and German and Italian heritage during WWII.

Yet, WW & FDR are icons of the left and what goes for the elites in this country, and GWB is "Bushitler."  Gimme a break.

Second, I totally agree with your last sentence.  It has been a process completed over time to expand fed.gov authority and shrink all other possible challengers to that authority.

GWB has done and proposed no powers not exercised by his predecessors.

Like Lincoln, for instance ...  angry
Yep, GWB is a softy compared with Lincoln, WW, & FDR.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »
Yet, WW & FDR are icons of the left and what goes for the elites in this country, and GWB is "Bushitler."  Gimme a break.

What do you want with me? Am I a leftist? Am I a wealthy American media magnate?

My problem with Bushis only as follows:

He had a Republican opportunity unprecedented in 40 years. He had unbelievable political capital. He had a majority in both Houses.

He chose to use it to expand the size of government, and to avoid introducing any kind of serious change.

But now, anything that went wrong, will be attributed by the media to 'conservatism', and people will buy it, even though a lot of these failures are due to him being insufficiently conservative, or aren't failures at all. This will make things worse for all conservatives and their political allies.

And Obama will be in charge.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
Whoa! Big surprise! SS has succeeded in completely derailing yet another thread on APS! Who could have seen that coming?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G