Author Topic: Michelle Obama says something even scarier...  (Read 17331 times)

agricola

• friend
Re: Michelle Obama says something even scarier...
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 02:27:45 PM »
He could have meant what I would call a great uncle or his grandfather's brother. 

Still the wrong camp and or completely made up.  Patton did overrun some camps as did a lot of the armies pushing into Germany.

thats what they are now saying, except the blogosphere has found out he has said similar things before: 

http://www.transterrestrial.com/archives/2008/05/its_nothing_new.html

edit:  no doubt hordes of journalists are descending on this charlie payne and his service records right now

edit:  he also says "i had an uncle...", which (at the risk of being pedantic) you would think should be "i have" - the "uncle" is still alive after all.  this really does not ring true.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

taurusowner

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 03:37:22 PM »
Remember that one President that a certain side always makes fun of for bumbling speech and making mistakes?
Now we've got Mr. 57 states bumbling things left and farther left.
How come they aren't saying the things about Barrack Gaffe-Machine Obama?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
Papal Obamian Infallibility.

If he says it, it must be true. [Please pass me another cup of that de-licious kool-aid.]
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »
Essentially, Obama is going to beat himself.

McCain doesn't need Republican money, he can just sit there.

In fact, the Republicans could have run a drooling, paraplegic, blind and deaf cripple, and he would have still beat Obama.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2008, 04:46:14 AM »
Actually, I consider Obama a lightweight as a candidate on the national scene.  I would consider any of his opponents to be a shoe in to win, however, McCain has a lot of negatives still.  Is McCain strong enough to beat even this Obama?  I think he probably is, but it still will make it interesting and fairly close come election time.  Many in the media are going to do their best to make Obama look good and tear down McCain.  We'll see if that has much impact.

Republicans in Congress are a different matter all together.  I hear everyone predicting them to lose big. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2008, 04:59:15 AM »
Republicans in Congress are a different matter all together.  I hear everyone predicting them to lose big. 

That's what worries me. If there's a Democrat majority and Obama as president, they could care less about what people think. They would crow victory and pass their wildest dreams, from government seizure of oil companies to total bans on the sale of semiautomatic firearms, and Obama would sign them.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2008, 05:02:07 AM »
There is no rational reason why Obama should be where he is right now.   There is no rational reason why Obama should win in November.

But win he may.  

This Election will be a referendum on American sanity and maturity.  It will tell us compellingly how far wrong we have gone with a culture that exacts too little for citizenship and, especially, suffrage.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2008, 05:03:35 AM »
And you say you want a revolution.

Going to happen fast if that comes to play out.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2008, 05:14:20 AM »
That's what worries me. If there's a Democrat majority and Obama as president, they could care less about what people think. They would crow victory and pass their wildest dreams, from government seizure of oil companies to total bans on the sale of semiautomatic firearms, and Obama would sign them.

This is a time of Unreason, and Obama is surfing this wave.  He is the darling of "the kids," some of whom are sexagenarians who should know better, and the eternally young Left.  He is the Utopian who inevitably brings The Terror.  An Obama Presidency, backed by a Democratic Congressional majority, will put into bold relief everything we have been talking about, mostly on a theoretical level, on this and other forums for a long time.  We should have seen it coming; you can't ignore the responsibilities of good citizenship and imbue your youth with corrupt ideas and not realize you are deconstructing your own nation.  Was blind but now we see.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »
Before we get too carried away with calling Americans insane for supporting Obama, it's important to remember that McCain is basically promising to continue the Bush policies. 

Considering that these policies are terribly unpopular, it would be odd for McCain to steamroll Obama on those grounds alone.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2008, 11:53:06 AM »
Before we get too carried away with calling Americans insane for supporting Obama, it's important to remember that McCain is basically promising to continue the Bush policies. 

Considering that these policies are terribly unpopular, it would be odd for McCain to steamroll Obama on those grounds alone.

Frying pan, fire.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2008, 11:56:18 AM »

Frying pan, fire.

While I think that's true, it's by no means an obvious conclusion. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »
McCain has his warts, but some of Obama's negatives such as the Rev. Wright mess are major to many Americans.  I don't think McCain will run away with this one, but I can't see Obama winning unless McCain just does something really dumb. 

I haven't seen statistics, but I heard that Obama hasn't won a majority of the white vote in his primaries since the Wright stuff came out.  If true, that is significant since we are talking about Dem primaries. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2008, 12:02:46 PM »
McCain has his warts, but some of Obama's negatives such as the Rev. Wright mess are major to many Americans.  I don't think McCain will run away with this one, but I can't see Obama winning unless McCain just does something really dumb. 

I haven't seen statistics, but I heard that Obama hasn't won a majority of the white vote in his primaries since the Wright stuff came out.  If true, that is significant since we are talking about Dem primaries. 

Wright is but a footnote. Obama has said scarier things on his own recently, a whole lot of collectivist talk that's right out of Marx. It scares the crap out of me. He's not even "American", he's an internationalist.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
Yeah, but the Wright stuff goes back to the "racial healing" stuff people were talking about earlier this year.  A lot of voters would love to vote for a good black candidate, but would likely avoid a candidate they think will have a chip on his shoulder regarding race.  I do think that is but one component, but it is there.

I agree on the communist talking points.  I am just not sure most Americans still see it as scary.  I guess more older voters would and those are the ones more likely to vote. 

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »
The have-nots and sorry-to-haves love Obama; the rest do not.  Marxism looks good when you have nothing to have expropriated and figure you'll get some freebies out of it.  That's an increasing chunk of our culture.  Then there are the naively comfortable who want to feel good about themselves but haven't understood that the "enemy" of the Left is THEM.  Parasites and useful idiots, more all the time.

"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.