Author Topic: Former press secretary's book bashes Bush  (Read 7597 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Former press secretary's book bashes Bush
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 03:57:19 AM »
This book was put out by Public Affairs Books. Which is owned by the Perseus Book Group. Part of the Perseus Fund Group. Which is part of Perseus-Soros Management LLC.

Anyone surprised?

offtopic, but relevant: manedwolf, how/where do you get this info? is there a site that tracks this sort of activity?

Nope, got to do it yourself. In this case, it was all over the political blogs, but since I take that with a grain of salt, I followed the ownership tree myself from the various company "about" and "investor" and "corporate" pages. What you're looking for is just that, the ownership tree. If you can't find it all there, you can look at various state business registries. Most brands now are just part of much larger parents, funds, or holding companies. Sometimes, when there seems to be an agenda, following the money is interesting.

Soros is a universal constant in things that seem to be aimed to discredit America, for certain. His utmost desire is a post-American world under one world government, everyone knows that. McClellan probably got quite a hefty payoff to tell these "stories", because he's burned all career bridges. Perseus, just look at the names involved, it's all rather wealthy leftists, including lots of, as I said, former Clinton and Carter officials. The book was an axe with all their names on it.

Likewise, things like the Joyce Foundation are overseeing lots of smaller foundations who claim to want to "reduce urban violence" by eliminating guns.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 04:57:30 AM »
Some of the stuff on the radio I heard last night was that people who know the guy said he still supported the war as much as a few months ago.  This stuff is apparently new.  Sounds like pressure from the publisher to change the story a bit.

Of course, others were saying this book really doesn't say anything new. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 05:08:32 AM »
Some of the stuff on the radio I heard last night was that people who know the guy said he still supported the war as much as a few months ago.  This stuff is apparently new.  Sounds like pressure from the publisher to change the story a bit.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 05:16:19 AM »
President Bush relied on an aggressive "political propaganda campaign" instead of the truth to sell the Iraq war, it has been reported.

Merely confimation of what James Bamford uncovered for his book.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 06:53:31 AM »
off topic, but relevant: Manedwolf, how/where do you get this info? is there a site that tracks this sort of activity?

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/

A great place to start.  Very helpful in framing a google research session.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:13 AM »

Bingo.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G