Author Topic: Oh, Canada...A preview of life under Obama and Dem congress, for gun owners.  (Read 9749 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Ummm, this has already happened in Obama's Chicago.
I grew up in Chicago before the advent of B. Hussein Obama. I have reason to believe that the gun laws in Daleyville are widely - widely! - ignored by otherwise law-abiding people.

But if they ever have to use one to defend themselves, they're going to prison.

Whereas the actual gang-bangers get off, because they're victims of society.

HankB

• friend
Ummm, this has already happened in Obama's Chicago.
I grew up in Chicago before the advent of B. Hussein Obama. I have reason to believe that the gun laws in Daleyville are widely - widely! - ignored by otherwise law-abiding people.

But if they ever have to use one to defend themselves, they're going to prison.

Whereas the actual gang-bangers get off, because they're victims of society.
That's certainly a possibility . . . but I was told by more than one Chicago cop (one of them my uncle) that every year, quite a number of bad guys (criminal records) were simply found dead on the street, at a bus stop, or on an EL platform, shot at close range. Not robbed. They figured that most of these had simply tried to rob the wrong person, and ran into a local Bernie Goetz.

They didn't look too hard for the shooter in these cases, and if the shooter kept their mouths shut, their chances of being caught were nil.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
I wonder if Obama is planning on bringing the troops home from Iraq ...

and sending them to Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, etc ...  shocked

Because I tell you that's what he will have to do if he gets his gun control passed  angry
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

The Annoyed Man

Because I tell you that's what he will have to do if he gets his gun control passed  angry

Most of the current troops (me included) would not help enforce any anti-gun roundups. Orders given must be both lawful and moral or I will ignore them and instruct those under my care to do the same.

Manedwolf

• friend

People who take an oath to defend the Constitution are unlikely to consider violating the Bill of Rights to be compatible with that.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Hank, I know I ignored them when I lived them, but as Mane mentioned the culture of Chicago is heavily anti-gun.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.