Author Topic: A Reason to Vote for McCain . . .  (Read 7005 times)

HankB

• friend
A Reason to Vote for McCain . . .
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:32:18 AM »
From Liz Smith's column at the New York Post:
SUSAN SARANDON, who appeared in three films last year and won kudos for her TV movie "Bernard and Doris," is still not a contented soul. She says if John McCain gets elected, she will move to Italy or Canada. She adds, "It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: A Reason to Vote for McCain . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:37:28 AM »
Didn't she say the same about Bush?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 05:56:37 AM »
Susan Sarandon can still bug us from Italy just as easily as she can from Hollywood. 

So I still only have -5 reasons to vote for McCain.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:09:59 AM »
So far, I have three reasons to cast a McCain ballot:

1. He's not Hillary.

2. He's not B. Hussein Obama.

3. Ms. Sarandon might go away.

But looking at the three major candidates . . . we are so screwed . . .  sad
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Wang

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:15:38 AM »
  We seem to have to have a 'Celebrity" tell us what to wear. What kind of car to drive and what to eat and so on. Most of our so called Movie Stars and Rock Stars have no education. Some of them did not even finish High School. They seem to forget that money does not buy you class or knowledge. Some of them were just at the right place at the right time. Some have talent and some do not.
  Having them say that they will move out of our country is ENOUGH REASON FOR ME TO VOTE FOR McCAIN. I am not really thrilled with any of the three canidates that we have running for President. If voting for McCain will rid of us of some of our Liberal Stars then McCain has my vote. I am a veteran and FLAG WAVER. God Bless the USA.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:30 AM »
Well, if all the blacks vote for Obama
and all the women vote for Hilllary,
then I suppose that I should vote for McCain  rolleyes

Nach eil?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 07:05:04 AM »
Remember, celebrities today are lying sacks of *expletive deleted*it.

Remember Alec Baldwin and that lard butt Rob Reiner?

Both said that if Bush were elected in 2004 they'd move out of the country.

Both proved that they have no personal honor when Bush was elected and they stayed put.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 07:44:44 AM »

Both proved that they have no personal honor when Bush was elected and they stayed put.

Personal honor died when the gubmint schools stopped teaching individual responsibility.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »

The only Baldwin who isn't useless is Adam, and he's not even related. (Jayne on Firefly).

He is, appropriately, a progun conservative, and quite well spoken. He's been called a "neanderthal" by leftists on boards he's posted on, including a Firefly board. cheesy

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 09:20:48 AM »

The only Baldwin who isn't useless is Adam, and he's not even related. (Jayne on Firefly).

He is, appropriately, a progun conservative, and quite well spoken. He's been called a "neanderthal" by leftists on boards he's posted on, including a Firefly board. cheesy
Any link? I'd like to read that laugh.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 09:35:17 AM »

...blued and tattooed.

QFFT.

Why the hell can't we get some DECENT candidates?

Why have the last 20 years or so been filled with dolts for candidates?

GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 09:40:42 AM »
As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »
YADA, YADA, YADA, that is what she said last election....and, ditto what HankB said.....chris

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 11:06:44 AM »
So let me see if I got this right.
Some celebrity, who makes a living pretending to be somebody they aren't (ie actor/actress), has an opinion about some important world or national issue, and that they believe they know more about what we need than the rest of us. And if it doesn't go according to thier views, they are going to deprive us of thier physical presence and punish us by leaving our country...
sounds more like an ego problem to me.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 11:24:27 AM »
My one reason is Supreme Court.  3 justices might retire or pass, some chance is better than no chance.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 12:17:21 PM »
If Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton threaten to leave the country if McCain becomes President, I might be swayed......

If they threaten to take the entire Bush family with them, I'll become a McCain fundraiser....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 02:12:52 PM »

Any link? I'd like to read that laugh.

Yeah, me too.  I'm a little mad at him right now, though.  I just realized that he was that Loyalist punk who fired the church in The Patriot.   angry     smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 04:17:23 AM »
Yeah....but he made up for it by being the Homeland Security suit who helped Bonaserra learn about the KRIS Super-V (kinda like a mini-Vera) in the CSI: NY season finale....  police
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 06:38:36 AM »

...blued and tattooed.

QFFT.

Why the hell can't we get some DECENT candidates?

Because when you will get decent candidates, you will roundly defeat them at the polls.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 02:13:53 PM »
McCain will win regardless of your vote. Here's why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaP9eiWuX3s

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 02:24:37 PM »

Someone actually thought that was a good idea. Unfortunately it lacks substance and style and has none of the tight edits and flashy FX we've all been trained to respond to.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 10:06:27 PM »
We should get Congress to make such declarations legally binding. 
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 11:36:08 PM »

Someone actually thought that was a good idea. Unfortunately it lacks substance and style and has none of the tight edits and flashy FX we've all been trained to respond to.

Most importantly, the girls are not nearly as good looking as ObamaGirl, HillaryGirl, or Liv.

I wonder if Liv is available.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner