Author Topic: $2.389/gallon  (Read 16501 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: $2.389/gallon
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
plus dollar has been getting stronger, that also can influence price.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2015, 02:27:25 PM »
...not to mention the waste in taxiing all the way to the store and the difficulty in finding a parking space big enough.

You mean your tractor supply doesn't have a runway on it?   >:D

I'm still seeing prices north of $2/gallon.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
We're stalled out around $2.40. It could be that our stupid new 2015 state gas tax (thanks Arnold!) has already gone into effect.

Topped up another 5 gallon can at $1.849 the other day.  Got one more to fill when I top off this week on my way to Valerie's farewell party.  That will give me 17 gallons stored for a car with a 12 gallon tank.  Basically enough to get through a full week of commuting and errands and a ~150 mile each way trip on the weekend without having to cut trips or cut it close on the long trip.  In theory, in a SHTF scenario, not having the daily commute (and any long trip likely being one way) will stretch that to cover all of Texas and plenty of surrounding states in a pinch even starting from a dry tank.  Full tank plus the cans covers most of CONUS and Mexico one way.  If I have to go that far, I have no clue what I'd be doing at the other end of the trip anyway; most of my family and close-enough-to-crash-with-on-short-notice friends are within a half to 3/4 tank.