Author Topic: Presidential debate # 3  (Read 13825 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Presidential debate # 3
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
Living in/around the District of Criminals has got to be pretty expensive.

I envy neither their salary nor their neighborhood.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
@birdman

Yup, I forgot to mention the time limit for the extra tax.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

birdman

• friend
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »
NoVa is pretty damn nice...but expensive.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »
NoVa is pretty damn lame...and expensive. And the traffic is *expletive deleted*it

Ftfy
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

birdman

• friend
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
Ftfy

Yes...carpooling to work with me driving was SOOOO bad :-P

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
Yes...carpooling to work with me driving was SOOOO bad :-P

You forget that I didn't always do that.

Plus any time I had things to do outside of work.

Seems any time I go up that way to take care of something I get stuck in godawful traffic ... Even on a weekend afternoon
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »
I miss our commutes though.

Even though my current commute (15 minute back road blast) rocks
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2012, 12:24:08 PM »
Were I POTUS or SECDEF.  I would demand a 10% cut yearly of the 5-Sided Puzzle Palace.  Not Defense, just within the walls of the Pentagon.  (Now if you want to send those folks/slots out to line units (as in beef up or make more), I'd be good with that.  There are far to many high ranking officers (and enlisted) running around the Pentagon.  I'd close-up all the offices in one entire side of that building.

Same with the rest of the .gov.  Get rid of DOE (both of them), along with a few others, a phase out, over say over 4 years.  While the rest of the .gov has to reduce by 10% each year.  And if you can't find 10% to cut without cutting those that, you know, actually deal with the US taxpayer (like Park Rangers, and VA Docs and Nurses) then you're fired and and I find a new Cabinet member to do the job.  (BTW, the VA gets put under the DOD.  Once you join the DOD is "responsible" for you, until you die, and then they're responsible for your grave.)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »
And you aren't running WHY?

Scout has my vote!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2012, 09:05:22 AM »
There isn't a business in this country that could not sustain an immediate 10% across the board budget cut.  Business can do it; gov't should be able to comfortably do it.  Once the cuts have been booked come back with a second 10% across the board cut.  Then we can investigate structural changes such as getting out of student loans, medical insurance, home loans, loan guarantees, or loans to government at interest. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »
The problem is that businesses look to cut the fat, while government goes out of its way to put the meat on the chopping block. Whether it's local government threatening to cut police and fire instead of the ten "backup assistant superintendents in charge of EEO and diversity" or federal government threatening to cut navigation charting instead of 27,346 "Coordinators in charge of coordination and plan planning".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:08:11 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »
yup^^^  wish it were not true
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
There isn't a business in this country that could not sustain an immediate 10% across the board budget cut.  Business can do it; gov't should be able to comfortably do it.  Once the cuts have been booked come back with a second 10% across the board cut.  Then we can investigate structural changes such as getting out of student loans, medical insurance, home loans, loan guarantees, or loans to government at interest. 

This.  Bring the chain-saw.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »
There isn't a business in this country that could not sustain an immediate 10% across the board budget cut.

???
Are you living in a different county? I thought small business were hanging on by the skin of their teeth and any additional strain (such as taxes) would wreak havoc and destroy what little recovery we've had.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/