Author Topic: Snickers commercial, Mr. T, gatling gun. AWESOME  (Read 8715 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Snickers commercial, Mr. T, gatling gun. AWESOME
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 12:36:18 AM »
So, how do you guys feel about this one?  grin
I feel confused.  What on earth is that all about?

It's a commercial for an improved cable connection that offers Dolby sound and widescreen stuff. I don't know why you didn't get that - it seems obvious.

A Vietnamese commercial offering.....if that's what plays well to their market, then go ahead....I doubt it would do so well here....

Personally, I don't care if Snickers loses the gay male candy market.....it's a good commercial...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 11:47:52 AM »
seems to be alive & well here:
http://getsomenuts.tv/home.html
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »

It's a commercial for an improved cable connection that offers Dolby sound and widescreen stuff. I don't know why you didn't get that - it seems obvious.

A Vietnamese commercial offering.....if that's what plays well to their market, then go ahead....I doubt it would do so well here....

Personally, I don't care if Snickers loses the gay male candy market.....it's a good commercial...

Israeli. They do commercials parodying various movie genres.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 12:56:23 PM »

You don't have to tell me twice.....I stand corrected.....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 02:08:22 PM »
Grrr. we need some anti-spam/anti-doublepost software.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 04:05:22 PM »
Can we tweak said software to kill posts that have the same tired response no matter what the subject?  police
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 04:06:39 PM »
Can we tweak said software to kill posts that have the same tired response no matter what the subject?  police
What, and kill my whole gimmick?   angry
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »
I think I was too busy gawking at that commercial to be able to figure out what it meant.

If they ran something like that here, they'd go out of business.  I suppose it works well in Vietnam, though.  More power to them.   If nothing else, the production quality is fairly good.  Lots of special effects and whatnot.

But this Snickers thing?  Gaybashing?  Gimme a break.  The "victim" in those commercials wasn't a gay man.  He was just your average weenie loser. 

The gay rights people accuse Snickers of Snickers of being insensitive, of stereotyping gay men?  Pot.  Kettle.  Black.  The gay rights people are the ones who assume that a nondescript weenie loser must be a gay man, not Snickers.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »
What, and kill my whole gimmick?   angry

No, lame potshot aimed at more political muckity-muck.  grin
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 01:05:44 AM »
Grrr. we need some anti-spam/anti-doublepost software.

We could have Ex-MA-Hole give you the fistful treatment.....