Author Topic: Okay - Who is the...  (Read 5229 times)

Okay - Who is the...
« on: August 12, 2005, 12:15:44 PM »
Smartass? Smiley

I turned 50 in April, AARP just sent me THREE envelopes. LOL

"Since you are a licensed driver age 50 or over in AR ... / Since you are an AR resident Age 50 or over...

Not only does that "entitle me to enjoy the "wonderous" benefits of  AARP Vehicle Insurance, Discounts on meals, lodging, enjoy the company of like-minded persons whom share common interests ( they said that - not me) through the AARP Newsletter...blah, blah, blah..."

Larry? Chris?, kudu? , Smoke?...I wouldn't want to name names or anything...I might tho'. *grin*

Well if I ever get bored I could always read mom's AARP stuff...then again I have...

I wonder if they have any Older student discounts on Tuition [ I got my grant again - yippie] Books, Computer Stuff...Gasolline ( hey you don't know unless you ask) Firearm and ammo discounts...( like I said don't know unless you ask).

Yeah well say what ya want.   I was on Campus yesterday, Since the state of AR won't let a CCW-er carry on campus...I took my cane. I don't need a cane but I gots one just in case. Even had a cute young thing open and hold the door for me, short short cut-off jeans and right purty yellow tank top. Smiley

Humm...maybe that cane is supposed to 'assist' me afterall.  There have been times when the steps moved out from under me - or a closed door ran up and got in my way - usually occurs when I am taking note of scenery...

If  tried to use a AARP discount - I'd get busted for impersonating  a Senior. Really - I do not look my age. Damn sure never acted it..

I'm still laughing about this...

Steve

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 12:43:25 PM »
Steve,

Weren't me.  I think its automatic anyway.  I get that junk all the time.

grampster

• friend
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 12:54:25 PM »
Don't look yer age?  I have it on authority that you look all old, wrinkly and smell like prunes.  They shoulda sent ya two AARP cards so ya have an extry when ya can't rembember what ya did with the first 'un.  Tongue  cheesy
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 12:58:31 PM »
Call and ask 'em if they have an ammo discount card Wink

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Robert Sears

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 01:44:25 PM »
The people that started AARP own an insurance co. I'll take bets on which insurance co runs the AARP stuff. You do know that AARP takes an anti-gun stance?

Bob

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 02:31:32 PM »
Last year on my 36th birthday, I opened the mailbox and there was something from AARP. I was annoyed as hell, and figured one of my boneheaded friends must of done it..then I realized it was my neighbors and had been put in my box by mistake..was hilarious timing, though!

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 03:19:04 PM »
Yeah I know they are Anti - YES I do piss them off every chance I get.

Mom probably wonders where some of them reply cards run off to...Some other Anti groups probably doing some wondering too . Smiley  

Dang - I should have sent them to the Antis up Barbara's way - the ones against Dove hunting...

No, I really do not act my age - You can ask Larry and Preacherman.

Larry - be nice, I just KNOW there are more 28 ga shotguns out there, and you DO have EIGHT grandkids. "Uncle Steve 'might' just drop the little critters a "hint" on what they want for gifts...

Preacherman - you too better be nice, I'll tell that cutie at the Outback where to find you...

About all one can do with AARP stuff is to forward the junk to Antis...do not make good targets either.

NOW....All them Free AoHell disks , all over campus that somehow jumped into my truck...

Barbara - pay attention here,

Go to Utah Shooter's web site and see the video of the guy smoking the Texas Star Stage.

So these Disks are going to be used to make a "Texas Star" type target for kids to shoot. Granted the kids will use .22 rifles, and the targets won't fall / fall so easy, still a fun target game.  
Not to mention being flipped as Frisbees, drink coasters...

Oh...the free condoms from the health nurse on campus - thems for the kids to use as muzzle protectors - the parents - especially the mom's ' really appreciated these for the kids last I/we handed them out. Smiley

Seems some "quality family time" resulted as well with all sorts of questions.

Hey - not my fault, I just happened to be in that building saying hello to some folks during registration. The fish bowl with condoms was sitting out in the hall.

The other fish bowls with mints, candy and such were picked clean. Even the Fruit Bowl was empty...hated to leave empty handed.

Why would a 40yr lady instructor get all red faced? All I did was wave at her  with a handful of condoms and holler out " hope we have as much fun this semester as we did last semester..."

Now do I sound like I NEED AARP?  Didn't think so.

"I didn't grow up - Just got bigger" - Art

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 03:41:27 PM »
I think Art was right!

We're still working on FFD, but until after September, I'm tied up with the dove hunt and the dinner.  and a PAC trap shoot the 17th. Then I have to come up with some kind of annual meeting plan..and then my kiddo leaves for the Navy on 10/5..I'll probably work on it in November or so. It's not planned till June, so we should be ok.

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 06:10:31 PM »
Quote from: sm
Larry - be nice, I just KNOW there are more 28 ga shotguns out there, and you DO have EIGHT grandkids. "Uncle Steve 'might' just drop the little critters a "hint" on what they want for gifts...
Nope, I own EVERY 28 ga that was for sale in this state.  And it was only two.

And no, Steve doesn't look OR act his age.  Neither do I, except I have the gray hair, comes with the grandkids.  Should have seen us in Tulsa, two guys, high speed, low drag, trying to shop for guns while the young girls were vying for our attention.  Good thing Sandy was somewhere else. Cheesy

Steve, when you get those AARP things, just write "I don't do business with anti second amendments bigots" on the applications, and send them back in the postage free envelope.  Thank SW for that one. Smiley

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 06:42:49 PM »
*ahem*

Larry,
You forget - I have this uncanny ability to hear about 28 ga guns. I mean a fella known to get blamed for these purchases - well - somebody has to take the blame.

Oh I agree SW famous quote would be great!

Err...I sent a bunch of stuff like AARP's self addy envelopes to Columbus, OH.  They have banned guns in Columbus as we all know, and wanted to symbolize my displeasure.

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 06:51:35 PM »
Dang, I must be the only person in the world who both looks and acts their age. Smiley

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 06:59:22 PM »
Quote from: Barbara
Dang, I must be the only person in the world who both looks and acts their age. Smiley
Well, you know, as Sandy always says:   "Boys!  You're all boys!"  And boys have one thing on their minds!  Cheesy

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 07:15:07 PM »
Getting out of doing the dishes?

Preacherman

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 07:24:28 PM »
Barbara, you've obviously been in the company of the wrong boys...

Wink
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 08:07:15 PM »
Eh, you what they say..men are only good for one thing anyway..and realistically, how often do you have to parallel park?

Tongue

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 08:07:39 PM »
Preacherman,

I don't know about that.  Barbara seems pretty sharp to me. Maybe she knows if she keeps the boys cooking groceries, they will be too busy to think of "other stuff". Boys will be too tired after cooking , fall asleep while she does the dishes...and by the  time the dishes are done boys have to go home.

Yep- Barbara sounds sharp to me.

Hey...I cheat, I bring a family pack of BBQ , paper plates, napkins and such -  over for a a date.  BBQ ain't bad for breakfast...and  one doesn't have to worry about, cooking, doing dishes,  or what to brown bag for lunch.

Work smarter not harder I say.  You won't learn that tip from AARP *smirk*

Brrlgrrl

• friend
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 08:29:31 PM »
Hey Barbara, I'm the same age and I get the stuff mailed in my name!  Maybe they just heard you were responsible or something.....

kudu

• friend
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 04:38:50 AM »
It wasn't me Steve, but that is a good one.  he he he.  I have been known to pull the occasional practical joke, but I can't take credit for that.  Besides I knew that AARP was anti gun and wouldn't try to promote them.

SO, when do your benefits start?? Smiley

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 05:01:27 AM »
Quote from: Barbara
men are only good for one thing anyway
And as Sandy would say: "And they're not very good at that either".

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 05:23:08 AM »
Quote from: kudu
SO, when do your benefits start?? Smiley
Be nice my friend, you DO have 3 daughters, two of which are twins...'Uncle Steve' is thinking high dollar 28 ga shotguns for them...

Actually...Folks have benefitted from ME on this AARP thing. I mean I have been passing forward as passed to me-

AA = hulls
RP = Remington Pumps

Granted the classic AA hull after 40 years is no longer one pc compression formed ( the equipment finally wore out and Win went to a 2 pc hull)

Maybe I need to start a STSRP  ( STS, hulls and Rem Pump) , or Perhaps  2EightsRus dealie...

Hey, I like that last one...Hum that to the tune of Alice's Restuarant and we can further the movement...Smiley

We need  T shirts, bandannas....all sorts of stuff...

Larry better buy at least two of the T shirts and such - Sandy already snagged one of Larry' s 28 ga's - she'd snag one his shirts too...

P95Carry

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 09:21:57 AM »
Larry? Chris?, kudu? , Smoke?...I wouldn't want to name names or anything...I might tho'. *grin*
Sorry Steve - late to the party - horse was lame!  (like the excuse!).

Wasn't me either LOL - I'd only do that to my enemies Cheesy  They somehow I think have everyone in USA logged at the ready - and once you hit that birthday - blam - they mail ya!

I get very little from them now - I think they eventually get the message.  Tear up their handout stuff and mail it back to them Cheesy
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 10:37:12 AM »
I don't need a cane but I gots one just in case. Even had a cute young thing open and hold the door for me, short short cut-off jeans and right purty yellow tank top.
Gotta go find me a cane Cheesy
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 10:45:38 AM »
Last year on my 36th birthday, I opened the mailbox and there was something from AARP.
As someone who also turned 36 last year I can tell you that it is a legitimate stage of old.  Why?  Do you realize that at 36 you can legally date people half your age?  Wink  

Eh, you what they say..men are only good for one thing anyway..and realistically, how often do you have to parallel park?
Heh.  I was working one day cleaning up a bunch of junk and was trading barbs with one of my coworkers.  As I lifted a box full of old computer equipment she says "Yeah, men are only good for two things, and moving heavy boxes is one of them."  Being the gullible idiot I am I said "Okay Claire, what's the other thing?"

Without missing a beat she says "Yard work."

Ow.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Smoke

Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 01:16:12 PM »
Twernt me, SM.  Though I have been known to do such things.....
My latest little joke is to sign up old people to the Chuck E Cheese fan club.....ooops, never mind.

50, geez,  might me time to change the internet moniker, sm to O.F.

Smoke

grampster

• friend
Okay - Who is the...
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »
There once was an old fart name sm,
who was quick with the wit and PM.
But when he turned fifty
he quit being witty,
'cause he spent all his time drooling spitty.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw