Author Topic: Licensed gun owner kills armed robber at gas station in north Harris County  (Read 919 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/licensed-gun-owner-kills-armed-robber-at-gas-station-in-north-harris-county

A good reminder to keep an eye out no matter where you are.  The victim was hit.  They said he would in the hospital.
"Someone approached a vehicle, attempted to rob the individual inside the vehicle. There was an exchange of gunfire between vehicle owner and our suspect," Lt. David Klozik with the Harris County Sheriff's Office said.

Crystal Bryan was standing in the parking lot when the robber confronted his victim. "There was about 11 or 12 shots like a binary trigger you would hear," Bryan said.

Deputies confirm the man who killed the armed robber is a licensed concealed handgun owner.

"He pulled out his gun. The robber pulled out his and started shooting at the man with the Jeep. The man with the Jeep was a better shot and he shot and killed the robber," Bryan said.

And of course, this is something that shows up a lot.
The family of the robbery suspect showed up at the scene. His brother said he's devastated to see his little brother killed after losing his older brother as well. He said, "He's not the type to do this."
Apparently he was.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
"There was about 11 or 12 shots like a binary trigger you would hear," Bryan said.

what's that supposed to mean?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zxcvbob

• friend
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/licensed-gun-owner-kills-armed-robber-at-gas-station-in-north-harris-county

A good reminder to keep an eye out no matter where you are.  The victim was hit.  They said he would in the hospital.
And of course, this is something that shows up a lot.Apparently he was.

I've been to that Valero station :)  I wonder what time all this happened?
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
I've been to that Valero station :)  I wonder what time all this happened?
The news report has a time of 9:02 PM on it and it looks like it is still being investigated, so I would guess early evening after dark which means after 6:00 PM these days.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
At least he died doing what he loved.   ;)

zxcvbob

• friend
The news report has a time of 9:02 PM on it and it looks like it is still being investigated, so I would guess early evening after dark which means after 6:00 PM these days.

I just wondered if it happened around 02:00.  (nothing good happens at 02:00)
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Isn't 0200 when most of the bars around the country have to close... "last call."

No recent experience in that, but I thought that was pretty general throughout the U.S.

So no wonder "nothing good happens at 2:00 AM."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Depends on the club but 24 hrs is not unheard of here in Louisiana.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Depends on the club but 24 hrs is not unheard of here in Louisiana.

Or Nevada.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
what's that supposed to mean?
If you're referring to "binary trigger," it's like the "release triggers" preferred by some shotgunners.  The trigger is set by pulling it, and the shotgun goes off on releasing the trigger.

Don't ask me why they prefer it, I don't know, and I foresee "Danger, Will Robinson" if a release trigger shotgunner picks up some loaded firearm without a release trigger because of muscle memory.  Yeah, "keep your booger hook off the bang switch," but not everybody observes that.

What a "binary" trigger does is fire both on pulling and releasing the trigger, resulting in rapid fire.  You will note that releasing the trigger might occur (ha!) with the recoil of the firearm, just like in using a bump stock or your thumb in a belt loop.

There are trigger conversion kits around for various firearms, but it's one of those things I wouldn't even use a ten foot pole to touch.  I'd be too likely to put holes in things I couldn't repair.

One thing that's interesting to me in this story is that the surviving "middle brother" knew about binary triggers and what they sound like.... as if they're actually used in his circle of friends.

And enemies.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:32:20 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.