Author Topic: Observations on my new credit cards...  (Read 280 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Observations on my new credit cards...
« on: December 10, 2022, 11:43:31 AM »
In the past couple of months I've gotten new credit cards from both of my credit unions -- Navy Federal and PSECU.

Both were replacement cards, the NFCU card for a compromised account, and the PSECU card because the old one aged out.

Both have the chips.

The NFCU card is one of the new style that has the number printed on it, but the PSECU card has the embossed numbers. Which got me to thinking... do they still issue the old 3-part forms and the roller machine that used to be the standard way for running a charge?

I can't remember the last time I actually saw one -- it's been literally years....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Observations on my new credit cards...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 12:08:55 PM »
A quick google seems to indicate yes.
What I think is interesting is the newer atm technology that actually takes the card and transports it to be scanned somewhere within before transporting it back to be ejected and returned.
Blocks scam cards and skimmers I guess
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 12:13:40 PM »
I've not seen one of those ATMs...

The one I recently used was one of the ones that holds onto your card for the duration of the transaction.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 12:41:38 PM »
We have one of those machines.

And... If our internet goes down, I'm switching to Cash Only. And even then, we have to calc the tax on our phones...
Blog under construction

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 02:06:06 PM »

I can't remember the last time I actually saw one -- it's been literally years....

The last one I saw was 10 years ago when we went to a local meat house and picked up a whole pig (Petunia) to cook for my wife's birthday celebration. Cooked in a Caja China cooker that was the bomb!!

bob

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 04:43:26 PM »
I've not seen one of those ATMs...

The one I recently used was one of the ones that holds onto your card for the duration of the transaction.
Yeah they hold the card. It actually goes into a tray that elevates it to scan the chip and or stripe not in line with the slot.
I’m an external director on the board of a mutual and we have been upgrading all our ATMs for greater fraud and theft resistance. That’s the only reason I know about them.
What we have here is failure to communicate.