Author Topic: rail gun vis  (Read 7167 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: rail gun vis
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »
Make all of 'em after the first one Start Thinking Quite A Bit...
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2010, 12:14:22 AM »
Along with this, the Navy is testing EMALS, or Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System.  It performed its first all-up test launch on Dec. 18 at Lakehurst, NJ.
EMALS is going to replace standard steam catapults on the next generation aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford.

FoxNews story and HD video here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2010, 07:39:31 AM »

kinda like the exploding phones the israelis used   small boom  but in the right place

pour encourager les autres
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2010, 08:17:16 AM »

...or makes them Shoot The Guy With The Biggest Gun First.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.