Author Topic: This seems a bit off...  (Read 5787 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: This seems a bit off...
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 06:19:29 PM »
Niacin is also one of the B vitamins in 5-Hour Energy....and I love the stuff....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
For the last three weeks or so I have tried to completely cut out processed carbs like bread or pasta.   Whether or not this sort of diet will combat heart disease or other things like arthritis might still remain to be seen but I've lost a good deal of weight.  My pants are all getting baggy on me and my bike shorts will slide right off my hips unless I cinch down the adjusting straps on the side.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »
It would not surprise me in the slightest if current mainstream dietary advice was based on collectively reinforced, tenaciously held delusion.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »
One thing that I noticed was that for the first two weeks or so I craved things like bread, pasta and crackers.  I was eating a lot of grapes, carrots, etc. at night to combat those cravings.  During the time that I've been trying this I also haven't been running or riding as much but the weight is still coming off.