Author Topic: Dean Koontz?  (Read 5186 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: Dean Koontz?
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:13 PM »
The Odd Thomas movie is very faithful to the book. I'm not sure how it would be received by audiences in the US.  It comes off kind of hokey. It's narrated with extensive voice-over by the main actor.  That's hard to pull off well.  I was surprised to see Willem Defoe as Chief Porter in a sea of relatively no-name actors.  Then again, we are talking about the guy who cross-dressed in Boondock Saints, so I think he just doesn't turn down roles.

Overall, if I had seen it, which is impossible, I would have really enjoyed it despite minor cringiness, and probably would have cried at the end just a little like I did when I read the book.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Dean Koontz?
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 08:03:21 AM »
I was surprised to see Willem Defoe as Chief Porter in a sea of relatively no-name actors.  Then again, we are talking about the guy who cross-dressed in Boondock Saints, so I think he just doesn't turn down roles.

Or he has the money to pick roles that amuse him.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.