Author Topic: Possible mass shooting in shopping center (+ other places) in Munich, Germany  (Read 3928 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36870874

1 dead according to news sources, sources on reddit claims 12+ dead and four separate shootings.

https://archive.is/X4EyU
^
I
Saved for posterity

German tolerance on suicide watch?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Possible mass shooting in shopping center in Munich, Germany
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
IMPOSSIBLE! The president told me other countries don't have mass shootings.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-36870986

3 shooters, still on the loose, cops saying to stay indoors, trains shut down. Scrol down for possible video of one shooter. Today marks the start of construction on a memorial for the Israeli athletes killed in the 70's.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Likelyhood of Screaming Beard(tm) increased to absolute certainty once there's more than one shooter.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Likelyhood of Screaming Beard(tm) increased to absolute certainty once there's more than one shooter.

I'm sorry, it's clearly right wing militia members.

Of course, if it's not, we'll never really know why the peaceful followers of the religion of peace founded by Muhammed, Peace be upon him peacefully murdered several infidels.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Official confirmation of at least six dead.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
^^^ I am not sure from the picture, but would I want to carry my flashbangs or grenades directly over my testicles?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
This video has been making the rounds.  Not sure if real:

https://twitter.com/martens_cj/status/756552125950337024
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:50:39 PM by Angel Eyes »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

T.O.M.

• friend
^^^ I am not sure from the picture, but would I want to carry my flashbangs or grenades directly over my testicles?

Agreed.  And it looks like this guy also has half a dozen shotgun shells dead center on his vest, but he's not armed with a shotgun...  Interesting.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

birdman

• friend
Agreed.  And it looks like this guy also has half a dozen shotgun shells dead center on his vest, but he's not armed with a shotgun...  Interesting.

Maybe he has a masterkey tucked somewhere

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
This video has been making the rounds.  Not sure if real:

https://twitter.com/martens_cj/status/756552125950337024

I'm watching Sky News live, and they have referenced deaths outside of a McDonalds so I believe it is genuine.

This is apparently both the start of construction for a monument for the Israelis killed in Munich in the 70's, as well as the fifth anniversary of Breiviks killings. There is a video they played on the live feed of one of the gunmen on a roof who got into a shouting match with the guy filming. If that is an accurate video it may be a native German attack, not Islamic.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
I'm guessing the PC/LBV was already set up with different items, breaching rounds etc. but didn't take the breacher. If there's a barricade situation, it seems reasonable there might be time to run and go get it, or it's slung around behind his back and you can't see it.

I can't imagine in an active shooter situation you'd take the time to configure or load up the pouches on your vest.

I'm watching Sky News live, and they have referenced deaths outside of a McDonalds so I believe it is genuine.

This is apparently both the start of construction for a monument for the Israelis killed in Munich in the 70's, as well as the fifth anniversary of Breiviks killings. There is a video they played on the live feed of one of the gunmen on a roof who got into a shouting match with the guy filming. If that is an accurate video it may be a native German attack, not Islamic.

Well, it's not like a Muslim man in Germany is automatically going to be wearing a thobe, or a kameez etc. Dark black hair, and a (maybe) olive complexion... from what little I could see... Otherwise looked like pants and a soccer jersey.

And as to the date? (shrug) there's enough mass shootings or terrorist attacks, anniversaries of somethingorother the odds are good you could always find one that's relevant.

And Anders Breiviks shooting was on his fellow Norwegians, but he did target a big summer camp sponsored/run by the Leftist political party that was pushing for middle eastern immigration. Not sure if you'd pick that from an islamist stance as tit-for-tat, just over rub-salt-in-it general cussedness or what.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
AJ, in the video they translator on Sky said the man claimed to be a native German. But who knows, at this point it's all just speculation.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
CNN just interviewed a patron of the McDonald's.  She said the attackers were shouting "Allahu Ackbar!" and mainly targeted children.

Also, from Reuters and the Telegraph, ISIS is claiming responsibility:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/22/shots-fired-at-munich-shopping-centre/

"(Reuters) - Supporters of the Islamic State jihadi group celebrated on social media a shooting rampage in a shopping mall in the southern German city of Munich on Friday that killed and wounded many people.

"Thank God, may God bring prosperity to our Islamic State men," read one tweet in Arabic on an account that regularly favours the radical Islamist movement.

"The Islamic State is expanding in Europe," read an Arabic-language tweet on another account also known to support the group."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Has Obama blamed this on the NRA and Trumps hate filled convention speech yet?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.

Thread on Democratic Underground hoping/guessing it's neo-nazis... does that count?  ;/
I promise not to duck.

fifth_column

• friend

No, but he did joke and try to ratchet up the fear:

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/pres-obama-weighs-in-on-munich-shooting-rampage/
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

birdman

• friend
W.r.t. Trump's speech, combined with Obama's criticism of it with Mexico's president just minutes before the Munich attack....I wonder how the poll numbers have changed.  I'm sure HRC's speech writers have just had an aneurysm since their touchy-feely is the right way response speech just got trashed.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
CNN just interviewed a patron of the McDonald's.

Was this a shooting or a tornado?  Did she have curlers and a Marlboro?

She said the attackers were shouting "Allahu Ackbar!"

Couldn't possibly mean they have any ties to radical Islam.  Probably just the night shift coming in for some workplace violence.

and mainly targeted children.

Oh now there's a way to make your cause popular.  Heck, at this point, I think we should just issue a letter of marque on ISIS and cut a deal with the KKK, Aryan Nation, Mafia, etc. to take care of the problem.

agricola

• friend
news over here is reporting one shooter, possibly German, and shouted some anti-foreigner stuff

this is the fifth anniversary of Breivik's murders in Norway as well, which may be relevant

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Checking the BBC, they haven't ID they shooter as German (hence, Neo-Nazi), because if it had been, all the media outlets would be crowing about him.

I'll take "Religion of Peace" for $500, Alex...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 08:22:31 PM »
They are reporting he shot himself.  If true, that is outside the SOP of Muslim terrorists.  

They kill themselves all the time, yes, just not with a gun.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
Sky News says the perp is/was an 18 year old German-Iranian who had been living in Munich:

http://news.sky.com/story/munich-gunman-was-18-year-old-german-iranian-10510059

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
news over here is reporting one shooter, possibly German, and shouted some anti-foreigner stuff

In your face, ISIS!

If the Sky article is correct about him being a German-Iranian, that would make him an Iranian of German descent. So what motive does that suggest?  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife