Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Crockpot Recipes

(1/4) > >>

Scout26:
Gonna start this so they are all in one place.

And in honor of Lawdog's book release, here's his Texas Chicken Soup/Stew

In a skillet:
1 med onion - cut however you prefer from diced to 1-2 inch long pieces.  Saute'd until translucent.
2-4 Chicken breasts - cut into bite sized pieces and browned in a skillet.  Add to onions.
(At this point I like to add about 1/2 a packet of taco seasons and 1/3 cup water to help deglaze the pan.

Straight into the crock pot:
1 Can Kidney beans
1 Can Chili Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Rotel (or equivalent)  ( I also add a can of fire roasted tomatoes, gives it a good flavour kick)
2 Cans of Corn (Drained) or 1 bag of frozen corn for less salt.  
1 Can of Chicken broth (leave out if you want more of a stew than a soup)
1 packet of Ranch Dressing
either the remaining 1/2 packet of Taco Seasoning or a full one.

Once the chicken and onions are done, the pan deglazed, and the liquid cooked down a bit, add everything to the crockpot.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Serve in a bowl with Corn Chips on the side.  (I like the Dippin' ones, on a plate, with shredded cheddar cheese melt into them in the microwave.)

Sour Cream and Shredded Cheddar Cheese to taste.  

French G.:
Buncha apples, buncha sugar, a day or three on low, presto, apple butter.

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: Amy Schumer on July 20, 2017, 08:40:15 PM ---Gonna start this so they are all in one place.

And in honor of Lawdog's book release, here's his Texas Chicken Soup/Stew

In a skillet:
1 med onion - cut however you prefer from diced to 1-2 inch long pieces.  Saute'd until translucent.
2-4 Chicken breasts - cut into bite sized pieces and browned in a skillet.  Add to onions.
(At this point I like to add about 1/2 a packet of taco seasons and 1/3 cup water to help deglaze the pan.

Straight into the crock pot:
1 Can Kidney beans
1 Can Chili Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Rotel (or equivalent)  ( I also add a can of fire roasted tomatoes, gives it a good flavour kick)
2 Cans of Corn (Drained) or 1 bag of frozen corn for less salt.  
1 Can of Chicken broth (leave out if you want more of a stew than a soup)
1 packet of Ranch Dressing
either the remaining 1/2 packet of Taco Seasoning or a full one.

Once the chicken and onions are done, the pan deglazed, and the liquid cooked down a bit, add everything to the crockpot.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Serve in a bowl with Corn Chips on the side.  (I like the Dippin' ones, on a plate, with shredded cheddar cheese melt into them in the microwave.)

Sour Cream and Shredded Cheddar Cheese to taste.  

--- End quote ---

No offense, but that looks awful.  I might try it just to see...  (I don't see how anything "Texas" could be made with chicken breast.  Leg quarters or turkey legs,  maybe)  I do give it a few points for the Fritos. ;)

Brad Johnson:
Easy crock pot roast.

3-4 lb chunk of whatever dead critter you have laying around. I've tried it with boneless chuck roast and pork shoulder. Both were delicious.
1 package au jus mix
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 stick butter
6-8 pepperoncini peppers (optional, but very tasty)
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Dump it all the in the crock pot, meat first. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.

Brad

HeroHog:

--- Quote from: Brad Johnson on July 21, 2017, 12:19:50 AM ---Easy crock pot roast.

3-4 lb chunk of whatever dead critter you have laying around. I've tried it with boneless chuck roast and pork shoulder. Both were delicious.
1 package au jus mix
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 stick butter
6-8 pepperoncini peppers (optional, but very tasty)
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Dump it all the in the crock pot, meat first. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.

Brad

--- End quote ---

HEY! You copied my recipe from the Mess Hall recipe thread, you just changed the gravy mix and put the butter on top instead of under the meat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version