Author Topic: This is just about priceless.  (Read 2901 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
This is just about priceless.
« on: November 16, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »
I happened across this little gem while idly browsing.

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=8886416

The color scheme is so... carny? Sorta makes me think of a kiddie ride.  At least it wasn't a nice Chief's special, like that other red revolver.

And then there is the description.

Seller's Description:
This is a re-listing as the buyer refused to accept when he learned it must go throught a FFL dealer. Here is a "pocket pistol" so popular with "city folk" shortly after the turn of the 20th century as evidenced by the fact that H&R made over a hundred thousand of them as well as several other companies making very similar pistols. When I bought this pistol it had unknown "stuff" all over it. I wire brushed it and it appears to have never been fired. The lands and grooves are in excellent condition but it has never been cared for. It was coated with light rust and some pits which brushed off but the pits are still there. I coated it with rust inhibiter to stop the rust. This is 32.cal SHORT - I say SHORT because as metals got stronger ammunition got stronger too. There are .32 cal ammo on the market that are too strong for these pistols. A caveat!!This pistol is safe to shoot or I would'nt let my wife shoot it but This is not a plinker and it HAS NO SAFETY. Carry it with 5 rounds in it. Use only .32 short ammo. I've shot this pistol and it shoots well. I have bought several of these guns (I personally like these little shooters) I wanted my wife to learn to shoot and carry a gun (I think everyone should carry a pistol every where)My wife said this gun was "ugly". She had heard of a police woman who carried a pink service pistol. I live/work on a ranch and we paint our equipment as needed. The paint is made for heavy equipment and is pretty tough. So, I painted this and am painting other guns. What more can I say, I think pink guns is silly but my wife thinks it pretty but wants another one. Look this over for a couple of and if not happy with it I'll promptly refund your money. Please don't shoot it if you aren't going to buy it.

What? A revolver with no safety? What's the world coming to?

And the idea of one of these as a carry gun...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: This is just about priceless.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 09:31:05 AM »
OMFG!!
That is the ugliest thing I've seen since the gold plated deagle.
Granted the gun is a pos even without the paint but common.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 10:38:41 AM »
This looks like it is for someone who um... shoots from both sides of their hip.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »
OMFG!!
That is the ugliest thing I've seen since the gold plated deagle.

I think gold plated guns look nice, actually. So does hard crome, polished nickel, deep blue, and stainless steel.

I also like pearl, fancy wood, and ivory grips. Maybe I'm doomed to become a pimp after I turn 21.  ;/  =)

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
Wow. Someone took an H&R flyapart and made it a clown gun.

The shop I go to has a whole bunch of these on a string hanging on a wall, but they're just cheap chrome and rust. They keep joking they're going to turn them in to a Mass buyback for a huge pile of cash.

Don't care

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »
There has been so much controversy of multi colored guns, that some time ago, a number of the PR states had bills to regulate colors of firearms and squirtguns.......because the real thing and waterguns looked too much alike.

I don't know if any of these bills became law.

ctdonath

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »
They did in NY.
Now reading: The Unthinkable, The Age of Innocence
Recently read: 1491

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 11:59:12 AM »
They did in NY.

DuraCoat released an entire line of New York themed colors in Bloomberg's honor over that. :lol:

Don't care

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 12:07:46 PM »
DuraCoat released an entire line of New York themed colors in Bloomberg's honor over that. :lol:

The next Assault weapons cosmetics ban will add color of the weapon, to flash suppressor, detachable magazine, and the like.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 12:12:27 PM »
The next Assault weapons cosmetics ban will add color of the weapon, to flash suppressor, detachable magazine, and the like.

He already tried! He mentioned DuraCoat by name, and that he would "put a stop to that".

neviander

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 12:30:32 PM »
looks like a sick flare gun.
"be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 12:20:04 AM »

It's a cheap chunk of pot metal that's hideously coloured.  Probably the worst gun I've seen since an SA80.

From what I understand, those revolvers are not very safe to shoot with modern ammo.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.