Author Topic: Secret Service is on to us!  (Read 1926 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Secret Service is on to us!
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:48 PM »
http://www.nextgov.com/defense/2014/06/secret-service-software-will-detect-sarcasm-social-media-users/85633/

So, the secret service is buying a software package to track and analyze social media.

Among it's capabilities is detecting sarcasm. I can only hope the program comes across this forum first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSy5mEcmgwU&feature=kp
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Secret Service is on to us!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:01:40 PM »
I'm sure the app will work just fine . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
I really think that's a great idea.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »
I have no doubt that this will work as efficiently as all other government enterprises.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »
Actually, I was being ironic [/Simon Tam]
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
The people on this forum are very intelligent, yet sarcasm often goes over the heads of some. How would a government-run software program do better?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 08:38:47 PM »
The people on this forum are very intelligent, ...
... said Monkeyleg in a thread full of sarcasm.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
I for one welcome our omnipresent elected rulers and all their efforts to protect us.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »
The people on this forum are very intelligent, yet sarcasm often goes over the heads of some. How would a government-run software program do better?

Examine your premise... or was it meant to be sarcastic?

Maybe it went over my head.

:D, Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 10:43:10 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 05:08:22 PM »
Perhaps this could help them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT8UhqNyhB4
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 12:46:32 AM »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 06:06:18 PM »
The 9/11 terrorists were successful.
7-11 was a part time job.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 12:10:49 PM »
The 9/11 terrorists were successful.

Indeed they were.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G