Author Topic: How did Obama do in the primary debates?  (Read 1504 times)

Pb

• friend
How did Obama do in the primary debates?
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:55:06 PM »
I didn't watch them, but it might give us a clue about his performance in the debates versus McCain.

HankB

• friend
Re: How did Obama do in the primary debates?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:56:12 AM »
IMHO, McCain & Palin ought to be preparing as if Obama & Biden were highly polished debaters . . . they need to work their buns off in preparation as if they were the underdogs.

Hopefully, they have a good "opposition research" staff and can come up with a few actors (?) to fill the shoes of their opponents during rehearsals.

Especially for the debate on NBC where Tom Brokaw is the moderator . . . they need to assume he's going to push the NBC line and be an advocate for the Democrats. (Actually, in order to agree to an NBC-hosted debate, they should have insisted on a FOX debate to provide balance.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:42:20 AM »
Keyes took himself out.  The Republicans could not have won in Illinois that year even if they ran Michael Jordan.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 05:40:50 AM »
BHO, as is his habit, was better when he could deliver a memorized portion of his stump speech.  Usually, Hillary come off better than BHO in a more free-wheeling setting.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 05:43:44 AM »
They're not debates. They're softballs to be answered with talking points.

I want the candidates to debate each OTHER.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 06:20:48 AM »
He says "uh" and "um" a lot, but if you're not bothered by that he does ok in debates. Nothing spectacular, but certainly not as strong as his speeches. I'm looking forward to Friday's debate, I wish they had scheduled more.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/