Author Topic: Dubya - Amazing political marketing tactic  (Read 1348 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Dubya - Amazing political marketing tactic
« on: January 18, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
Quote from: gunsmith
still blame G.W for everything

(quote taken from another thread so as not to derail it)

Gunsmith here is referring to George Bush.  Bush 43.

George Walker Bush.

Amazing how his 2000/2004 campaigns even had bumper stickers that were nothing but a large letter "W."  I thought they were University of Washington Huskies bumper stickers at first when I saw them.

But... we get the association of those two letters together.  G with the W.  Who does that make us think of, in Presidential terms?

George Washington, of course.

Bush 43 was okay, but he's a far cry from a George Washington.  Washington was a colonel in the French-Indian wars, and general of revolutionary troops in the Revolutionary war.  [edited to appease fistful]Bush got a post-dated honorable discharge to work a political campaign, after going AWOL to dodge Vietnam.  Bush played transfer games to free his time from military service so he could pursue many other personal pursuits such as aiding with a US Senate campaign and leaving early to attend Harvard.  [/fistful's fault]

I'm not out to Bush-bash... he did his duty as President and did his best.  I do refuse, however, to put him on the same score card as the real GW.  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:08:31 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Dubya - Amazing political marketing tactic
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05:50:18 PM »
  Bush got a post-dated honorable discharge to work a political campaign, after going AWOL to dodge Vietnam.

Isn't that charge so lacking in evidentiary support, that Dan Rather had to use forgeries to make it stick? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:51:28 PM »
I've been wrong before, fistful.  I'm sure it could probably happen again.

I forget what the Rathergate letter was about.  Lemme look it up.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:06:25 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_military_service_controversy

It's just wikipedia...

But it leaves some doubts yea/nay regarding the issue.  I'm sure this page gets edited often by pro and anti Bush parties.

It seems apparent that he didn't really finish out his 6 years, and he half-assed from April of 72 to September of 73, and was supposed to keep with it until November of 74.  He played transfer games for about the last 2 years of his service.  Never AWOL, but always kind of in-between assignments.
--Lysander Spooner

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 08:01:17 PM »
This "rehash" of GW Bush and his military record is going nowhere, fast.

What next, a diatribe about Al Gore's military service?

Oy, veh.   ;/
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"