Author Topic: Drones for me, not for thee  (Read 1414 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Drones for me, not for thee
« on: March 05, 2013, 03:48:34 PM »
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/05/fbi-investigating-report-of-possible-drone-spotted-near-jfk/

Here we go.

Banning or licensing of radio/model/drone aircraft pilots.

It's for the children, on the planes!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Drones for me, not for thee
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »
While I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, you understand that according to the story this was spotted in Class B airspace? If I were flying there I would be concerned too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »
Never mind...
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 04:21:07 PM »
You need to learn how the airspace system works. You know especially what with you wanting to be a pilot.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
on a related note these guys say "BUY"

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/aa
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 06:28:23 PM »
“The FBI is asking anyone with information about the unmanned aircraft or the operator to contact us,” Special Agent in Charge John Giacalone said in a statement. “Our paramount concern is the safety of aircraft passengers and crew.”

The Federal Aviation Administration is also investigating

It would really suck to have a mid air collision with a drone or RC plane that didn't belong in that airspace.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
It would really suck to have a mid air collision with a drone or RC plane that didn't belong in that airspace.

Statist!
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 06:40:07 PM »
This seems less "nobody but us should have UAV's!" than it is "don't go pushing shopping carts loaded with bricks out into the interstate during rush-hour."

RC aircraft is fine. Flying one into the engine intake of an airliner trying to land with 300 people on board, not so much. Personal liberty, harm to others, blah blah blah.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 11:17:14 PM »
This seems less "nobody but us should have UAV's!" than it is "don't go pushing shopping carts loaded with bricks out into the interstate during rush-hour."

I suppose you have to get a special gov't license to do that too, right?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »
I *know* I saw a RC plane pass right off of our starboard wing once as we were about 4 miles from the end of the runway at Moffett Field going in to land. Just a quick flash out of the corner of my eye. The pilots were busy with the approach and I was sitting in the center seat doing my usual scanning of the airspace, between power changes and checklists, looking for bug smashers (little airplanes) and balloons when it zipped by. To say the least, it would have sucked to have it hit us, especially if we took it in a prop or down an intake.

bob

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »

This
Right
here
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”