Author Topic: Dr. Carson Slams Obamacare  (Read 2495 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Dr. Carson Slams Obamacare
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
We've had fraud perpetrated upon us and since we cannot go to court to be made whole.  It must be repealed.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/26/carson-a-health-care-lemon/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:08:04 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Dr. Carson Slams Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »
Did you post the correct link? Thread title and content don't quite match...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
OMG!!  They found us!  Someone from .gov hijacked Scout's link!   ;)
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »
I didn't see anything about Dr. Carson at that link. =(

AALRP supported the passage of this BS, and now they are trying to get young people (ya know, the people that make up a large percentage of the "40 or 50 million uninsured") who don't need or want health insurance to sign up and are needed to pay the bills of us old people, are now whoring themselves out to save their idol's legacy.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 02:17:04 PM »
Obamacare is even bad for us senior citizens who are already on Medicare. Y'all may not know it, but the supplemental plans change every year, and you have to decide every year which plan is likely to be best least harmful to you. I've been with three different companies, and four or five different plans, in the comparatively few years I have officially been an olde pharte.

For next year, my wife and I will get to stay with the same company we are with this year, and the plan hasn't dumped either of our primary physicians. But ... the co-pays have gone up considerably, and the minimum out-of-pocket for the year increased significantly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »
A lot of hospitals and medical clinics announce from year to year which Medicare Advantage plans they will accept.  They are almost always the plans that provide better reimbursement or other advantages to the hospitals or clinics.  So in many places, if you want to go to the only hospital or clinic in town or want to keep your current provider, you have a choice of only one or two plans.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 04:09:15 PM »
Sorry, I thought I had Cut and pasted the correct link.  I blame Fistful and the NSA.

Fixed.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 12:34:09 AM »
Just for the hell of it I went to healthcare.gov. Right now I pay $304 a month for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Similar coverage under Obamacare would be over $700 a month. I didn't even look at the details.

God, I hope I don't have to get into that mess.

The Republicans should hire the best hackers in the country to keep the website inoperable until 2017.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 11:11:54 AM »
Just for the hell of it I went to healthcare.gov. Right now I pay $304 a month for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Similar coverage under Obamacare would be over $700 a month. I didn't even look at the details.

God, I hope I don't have to get into that mess.

The Republicans should hire the best hackers in the country to keep the website inoperable until 2017.

Now they have all your personal info  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »
I didn't go that far. Just gave my birthdate and state of residence. No name, SS # or address.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 12:05:39 PM »
I didn't go that far. Just gave my birthdate and state of residence. No name, SS # or address.

And they actually gave you a quote with just that info  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »
Rough quote. Probably gets worse when you give them real info. The cost could be brought down if my policy didn't need maternity, abortion and contraceptive coverage.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 10:28:34 PM »
Rough quote. Probably gets worse when you give them real info. The cost could be brought down if my policy didn't need maternity, abortion and contraceptive coverage.

Why do you hate women and widdle babies (and women who also hate widdle babies)?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton