Author Topic: Draining the swamp  (Read 4984 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Draining the swamp
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 02:27:05 PM »
I wish all these federal government employees would go On strike to show their solidarity with the anti-trump movement
I strongly suspect we - the taxpaying public - wouldn't miss them at all.

Couple of decades ago, "most" of the unionized state employees in Minnesota went on strike. Except for students at U of M who had longer lines during registration, almost nobody noticed.

Lights, water, and gas stayed on, police kept policing, fire and paramedics kept working, roads kept being fixed, hospitals stayed open . . . it got to the point where by the second week of the strike, local radio shows were makinging "Do you miss them?" a topic for discussion . . . and humor.

Eventually, the strikers settled.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Draining the swamp
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 06:34:52 PM »
State workers here in Illinois are threatening to go on strike.

Oh, please do.   Then the governor can fire the lot of you, decertify the union, balance the budget, reform the employment rules to "at will", and hire all new. 

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.