Author Topic: Drexel professor should probably lose the Twitter  (Read 1308 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Drexel professor should probably lose the Twitter
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 07:01:00 PM »
It was, he said, a reaction to “what I considered a smug and self-congratulatory gesture by a first-class passenger toward a uniformed soldier.”

Wow. He actually used the term "smug" about someone not him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 01:57:56 AM »
Terry's Rules Of Thumb,  Â§793, Profiling; Part 3, Surnames; ¶ 5a:

"Never completely trust anyone with a hyphenated last name."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:11:40 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 03:51:42 AM »
The best way to support troops is not with symbolic gestures and first-class seats, but by bringing them home safely, by ensuring that women in uniform are not subjected to what is an epidemic of sexual assault, and by providing dignified medical and psychological care. Those who today claim to demand respect for the troops show little in the way of respect for how they are treated in and out of the military.

He's pretty good at telling other people how to support our troops. One good way for him to show support is to not go off the deep end when someone else shows them kindness. Not blaming all of them for what happened in Mosul would be another. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw "baby killers" into his next tweet.  :mad:

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »
He's pretty good at telling other people how to support our troops. One good way for him to show support is to not go off the deep end when someone else shows them kindness. Not blaming all of them for what happened in Mosul would be another. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw "baby killers" into his next tweet.  :mad:

Aside from the fact that an infantry Spec4 or Sergeant probably isn't involved in deciding what blocks of Mosul get bombed, we Vietnam veterans claim trade name protection on "baby killers." The guys in the sandbox will have to come up with something else to describe their atrocities.

I think the professor was just upset that nobody gave him a seat in first class.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 02:27:00 PM »
“What I don’t respect is a brutal invasion and occupation of Iraq that has not made our world any safer — a war that has taken advantage of economically disadvantaged Americans, a war that has given the world ISIS, and a war that has wrought carnage like that seen in Mosul and elsewhere,”
He is also a bit deluded.  He can thank Obama and his efforts for the rise of ISIS.  Obama did his level best to destabilize the Middle East.  It is suspected we were providing arms to ISIS or what became ISIS in Syria.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
IIRC, he's the same guy who tweeted his support of white genocide last year.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 08:43:51 PM »
IIRC, he's the same guy who tweeted his support of white genocide last year.

Correct.

He later tried to claim that was "satire."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 05:21:43 AM »
Maybe Drexel ought to give him the full "Ward Churchill Treatment."

Somewhat different class of jerkwaddery, but The Treatment ought to work in his case, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward_Churchill

Of note:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward_Churchill#Research_misconduct_investigation

Research misconduct investigation[edit]

The controversy attracted increased academic attention to Churchill's research, which had already been criticized by the legal scholar John LaVelle and historian Guenter Lewy.[45][57][58] Additional critics were the sociologist Thomas Brown, who had been preparing an article on Churchill's work, and the historians R.G. Robertson and Russell Thornton, who claimed that Churchill had misrepresented their work.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:44:38 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.