Author Topic: Draconian Obama-era fuel economy mandates given the boot  (Read 707 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Draconian Obama-era fuel economy mandates given the boot
« on: August 02, 2018, 12:48:51 PM »
Fuel economy mandates being revised to something more realistic.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/02/trump-unravels-more-obamas-legacy-with-proposed-freeze-on-mileage-rules.html

Of course the enviro-wacko groups are already claiming it's the end of all life as we know it. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the crying, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. They've been needing a hard boot square in the reality nads for years. They've become too accustomed to getting their way simply because they yell the loudest, not because of a compelling policy position based on facts and realistically applicable regulation. Let them squirm.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

brimic

• friends
Re: Draconian Obama-era fuel economy mandates given the boot
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »
I also heard a blurb on the radio where ACA compliance has now become 'voluntary.'
Trump is less than 1/4 of the way through his presidency and he's already made nearly everything obama has done irrelevant.  >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Draconian Obama-era fuel economy mandates given the boot
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »
I also heard a blurb on the radio where ACA compliance has now become 'voluntary.'
Trump is less than 1/4 of the way through his presidency and he's already made nearly everything obama has done irrelevant.  >:D

Yes, last year the individual mandate penalty was removed from the ACA as part of "Trumpcare".  So there is no tax hit for not have insurance.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.