Author Topic: Dancing: There is hope for humanity...  (Read 1471 times)

Bockscar

Dancing: There is hope for humanity...
« on: July 07, 2008, 09:54:43 PM »
It's so easy recently to get caught up in the bad things going on around us that we often overlook simple things that are quite joyful.  I saw this video earlier today and have shared it on a couple of my favorite forums.  I hope you enjoy it because it sure brought a smile to my day.

Both links are to the same video, but the first is much better quality.

http://www.vimeo.com/1211060

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Dancing: There is hope for humanity...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:46:36 AM »
At first I thought, "What a touchy-feely pile...".  But I kept watching, and eventually a smile started moving across my face.  And finally I started laughing and actually enjoyed the rest of the video.
Not bad, not bad at all.  Thanks, Bockscar.

It was kind of neat, too, as I began to realize how many of those places I've been.  I eventually lost track as the place names flashed on the bottom of the screen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »
I would love to know how he got permission to film in the JSA. 
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 01:09:43 PM »
I've heard of this guy before, but never watched his videos.  Did he do all of that just for fun, or was he trying to make some kind of a statement? 

My favorite dancer was the dog in Kuwait.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bockscar

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »
He's made 3 videos.  The first one was all done by him during several trips he took in 2004/2005.  The more recent videos have been sponsored by Stride Gum as a sort of viral marketing campaign.

He claims on his website that there is no intended meaning.  He's "just dancing."

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 06:39:27 PM »
Cool!  The most surreal clip, though, is the one in the DMZ.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.