Author Topic: E-Cigarettes, Used to Smoke Marijuana, Spark New Concerns  (Read 1804 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
E-Cigarettes, Used to Smoke Marijuana, Spark New Concerns
« on: October 11, 2013, 03:35:54 PM »
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/ECigarettes-Drugs-Marijuana-Vapor-Pens-Smoking-I-Team-227269001.html

I am listening to the video, thinking, "Hey, pretty cool.  Now stoners don't have to be out & loud about it, saving me from having to smell their stinky burning herb.  Maybe that demographic might clean up its act a bit.  And maybe the legit medical users can keep some handy so they can function better like my gramps did when he was doing chemotherapy."

Then, the inevitable busy-body legicritter pops in with her new law, outlawing them and the fed.gov is going to bring new regs down.

For the love of pete, technological innovation that betters the health of tobacco & wacky tobaccy users and makes the space around them better for non-smokers.  Of course gov't has to quash it.

It’s easy these days to spot people smoking electronic cigarettes – the battery-powered, pen-sized inhalers marketed as cleaner alternatives to their traditional tobacco-packed counterparts.

What may be harder to detect, experts say, is what exactly is inside some of those discreet devices.

More and more, people are smoking marijuana out of e-cigarettes and vapor pens -- right out in the open with little or no fear of getting caught, users and experts say.

"I was on the train from New York to Baltimore and I enjoyed the pen the whole way there and back with no one noticing," said one life-long marijuana user who asked not to be identified. "I absolutely was thinking 'This is not bad at all.'"

Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal (D-Manhattan,) said concern about young people using e-cigarettes, and the possible gateway to illegal drugs, is what spurred her to introduce a bill that became law last year making it illegal to sell e-cigarettes to minors. It’s also illegal in New Jersey, though there are no age restrictions in Connecticut or under federal law.

"Once you try electronic cigarettes, you can become hooked to them, move on to cigarettes and then move on to other drugs," Rosenthal said.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: E-Cigarettes, Used to Smoke Marijuana, Spark New Concerns
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 03:50:29 PM »
Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal (D-Manhattan,) said concern about young people using e-cigarettes, and the possible gateway to illegal drugs, is what spurred her to introduce a bill that became law last year making it illegal to sell e-cigarettes to minors. It’s also illegal in New Jersey, though there are no age restrictions in Connecticut or under federal law.

"Once you try electronic cigarettes, you can become hooked to them, move on to cigarettes and then move on to other drugs," Rosenthal said.

Gee whiz! I really get sick of these idiots crying "Gateway!!!!herpaderp!"

Ya know what my first buzz was? Spinning around out in the yard till I fell down. Maybe they out to outlaw that too!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 04:04:30 PM »
What about kids chewing on pencils  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 04:14:35 PM »

Nevermind 'gateway'- worry about the Blacks going on a 'marijauna rage' after smoking e-cigarettes and raping all of the white wimmins!!!!!111111
Got to ban NOW!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 04:19:46 PM »
Rosenthal clearly has either never done any drugs or has a real drug problem, because that's the only explination for her die hard belief in "gateway" drugs.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds