Author Topic: Hs shooting  (Read 2386 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Hs shooting
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2022, 09:09:10 AM »
I should note no word in that on how he got the gun in the first place.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2022, 12:17:25 AM »
I should note no word in that on how he got the gun in the first place.

St. Louis TV news reported tonight that he first tried to get the AR-style rifle from an FFL but was turned down (reason unknown).  He then proceeded to acquire one through a "private sale".  Antis are jumping all over this aspect, complaining how "lax" the laws are in Missouri.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2022, 12:21:41 AM »
There's a little "shrine" set up at one of the entrances. The usual suspect talking heads and anyone trying for a vote have been at it for the past two days. I think one of the "news" organizations has had some poor bastard there with a camera for the past two days, just because.
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2022, 01:12:19 AM »
I heard a bunch of parents turned up at the scene, with all kinds of guns. If true, that would be a pretty good show for a bunch of city folk.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2022, 01:19:01 AM »
St. Louis TV news reported tonight that he first tried to get the AR-style rifle from an FFL but was turned down (reason unknown).  He then proceeded to acquire one through a "private sale".  Antis are jumping all over this aspect, complaining how "lax" the laws are in Missouri.

Other reports (multiple) have informed us that at one point members of his family told the police that he was a danger to himself, and the police confiscated the rifle. The police subsequently released to rifle to a family member (not identified in the reports I've seen.)

Wasn't there another mass shooter fairly recently who was in the same situation? Cops took his gun (or guns), released it/them to a family member, and the shooter miraculously had his gun(s) back.

Maybe the antis should be jumping on the family member who gave him back the gun.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2022, 01:23:07 AM »
I heard a bunch of parents turned up at the scene, with all kinds of guns. If true, that would be a pretty good show for a bunch of city folk.

That'd be a nope... By the time things were 15 minutes in, they had a perimeter. There were some people running toward the school, but we were sort of wondering if we'd end up seeing a heart attack in the street. Lots of fat folks trying to sprint.

Didn't see any unholstered guns after the first few minutes of cops running in.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2022, 10:05:32 PM »
Expect them to bang the Universal Background Check drum loud on this one

When 19-year-old Orlando Harris first tried to purchase a gun from a licensed dealer, the background check blocked the sale, St. Louis Metropolitan Police Sgt. Charles Wall said Thursday. But Harris could still legally buy the rifle from a private individual who had bought the firearm from a licensed dealer in 2020, Wall said.

Still no word on how he got it back

St. Louis school shooter was flagged in FBI background check but was still able to legally purchase a gun, police say
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/us/st-louis-school-shooting-friday
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2022, 11:19:25 PM »
Expect them to bang the Universal Background Check drum loud on this one

Still no word on how he got it back

St. Louis school shooter was flagged in FBI background check but was still able to legally purchase a gun, police say
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/us/st-louis-school-shooting-friday

Of course, they won't say why he was "flagged." And: does "flagged" = "denied"? Or was he delayed, and chose to go elsewhere?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2022, 10:26:22 PM »
Expect them to bang the Universal Background Check drum loud on this one.

They are going even further with some of the local pols claiming that the age to acquire ANY gun be raised to 21.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2022, 09:26:39 AM »
Of course, they won't say why he was "flagged." And: does "flagged" = "denied"? Or was he delayed, and chose to go elsewhere?
Yeah, "flagged" is sort of a meaningless term.  If he wasn't denied, then he was still legal to purchase.  Need more info.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2022, 10:26:56 PM »
Local politicians and the "educator" union are milking this for all it is worth. Usually have cars parked (actually in the damn busy street) during the day...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2022, 10:52:07 AM »
And... Heard last night that the kid bought a 2020 Challenger, somehow, about a month ago.

Doesn't sound like someone gearing up for mayhem.

And the feebs aren't releasing diddly.
Blog under construction