Author Topic: Vest help  (Read 1038 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Vest help
« on: May 19, 2012, 09:34:12 PM »
Okay so my boy is the most tactical little cubbie out there.

A lot of cubs wear a brag vest for their patches that looks like this

Scott's, however, looks a lot like this

The problem is that he's growing. Fast.  I'd like to find a vest that might fit him for a few years.  I love the pockets on his vest, he puts stuff in them when we're on outings and he digs his brag vest. 
I was having issues finding anything though.  I was thinking a concealment vest might work.  Obviously those don't come in kids sizes but I think a men's XS might fit good enough.  Anyone know of any companies that make an XS?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Vest help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »
If there's a Big 5 convenient to you, check their fishing vests.  I came pretty close to grabbing one recently to load up as a middle of the night tactical vest.  I'm a fair ways from noticing any XS sizes, though.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:50:11 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever been a XS anything. But I'll look when I stop by places.

I came pretty close to grabbing one recently to load up as a middle of the night tactical vest. 

DD

You put on a vest? I don't even put on shorts. I've came out before with a gun in one hand and a .45 in the other.  [ar15]

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:06:31 AM »
I'm not sure I've ever been a XS anything. But I'll look when I stop by places.

You put on a vest? I don't even put on shorts. I've came out before with a gun in one hand and a .45 in the other.  [ar15]

jim

Oh, there's an XD45 with a light on the nightstand in just a pocket holster.  I'd like to have the option of throwing on a vest with a few other items in it (flashlight, mags, knife, keys, cell phone, etc.).  It's not a "need", but more of a "maybe".
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.