Author Topic: The great vehicle search - Update  (Read 1152 times)

Norton

• friend
The great vehicle search - Update
« on: May 10, 2005, 01:16:14 AM »
Thanks to everyone who offered advice on the F250 diesel thread.

As most things go in life, your intent in starting off a project is not always the same as the final outcome.

I had intended to simply replace my faithful 1990 Dakota with a newer used 4x4 to get to the newly purchased WV mountain land.  Hence, the F250 thread.....

As I got more and more into the whole process, I realized that the dealers aren't really looking at all of the trucks on their lots and realizing that it should be a buyers' market right now.  They're still asking premium prices and refuse to budge even a little bit.

Secondly, I got to thinking about how efficient it would be to drive a full-sized pickup on a winding, narrow little trail after travelling 250 miles down the interstate.

So....my search led me down a different path and ended up getting a 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4.  Lots of room for my big ol' self, good off-road capabilities, easing maneuvering for tight places, good tow capacity (5,000lbs), and decent fuel efficiency.

I figure that, with a small utility trailer, I can haul just about anything that a light duty pick up will carry, and it will have greater flexibility over the widest range of applications.

I'll report back after we make the first road trip to WV in a couple of weeks.